Referring Hosts

Paul-and-Susan1
Level 1
Fort Collins, CO

Referring Hosts

I referred a host.  She has already hosted twice, and has a number of other bookings.  As far as I can tell, I am not getting the $100 referral credit because the first booking did not total over $100.  I'm hoping this is just a misunderstanding, because otherwise, it does not seem fair.  

23 Replies 23
Poline0
Level 2
PP, Cambodia

I just realized that the requirement of $100 mininum value of the first booking from the referred host to qualify for a $300 reward is obviously not realistic in the part of the world I live in where the average rate is $15 a night. I think there is one in a thousand chance that you get booked for a 7 nights straight to get the $100 minimum value. I think what Airbnb could do is to somehow lower the requirement for receiving the referal reward. The hosts who refer other airbnb members to list their space do not just send an invitation. They have to help the new host to get started and this could mean they spend their valuable time to help Airbnb to get more profit. They should be entitled to some reward if not the $300 at least something. Otherwise why should I care about referring other people to list their space. 

For your information, I'm not exactly sure how it works but I've got $100 referal reward paid out to my account (in cash). The first booking that my referred listing got was less than $100. 

when do I get the money after I have refer a host for airbnb.

Thanks

@Mani6 You will receive your bonus once your referred friend hosts and completes a reservation whose value is at least $100 USD (or the equivalent in local currency) excluding Airbnb's service fees, guest fees and taxes, if applicable.  

Anh17
Level 2
Milan, Italy

I refered recently a friend. She host a guest already and I did not recieve any credit from Airbnb. I feel this as a tricky way to expand their host network. It's difficult to get that money! 

Btw, I would like to ask how to claim this issue to Airbnb about refering credit, and share your experience if you have the same problem.

Clinton-And-Grace0
Level 1
Gibsons, Canada

Hi there,

Since there are a few knowledgeable folks on this thread, does anyone know how to UNrefer a host?

I find myself in an awkward position - I casually clicked on a friend's name to refer them, knowing they were thinking of starting up an Airbnb biz. It turns out my pal (let's say Jessie) had a handshake with friend (let's say Bob) to use Bob's referral so that Bob would get the bonus when Jessie joined up. 

Now Jessie has joined, and it seems their referral is attached to us and there is anger about this. But I am not sure how to fix this.

In the case where more than one person refers a future host, how is it determined whose referral the future host accepts? Are they able to make that decision individually, or does Airbnb base it on the referral that came in first? Or do they split the referral bonus between the referrees? 

Thanks in advance,

Grace

Gabby-and-Mike0
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

hi all

i have tried to email my referring link to my friends.

in dublin ireland it is 259 euro per one new host, if i sent a referral to Poland based friend, will i get a smaller bonus than 259 euro?

and my last question is - does the new host also get a bonus?

i called cs today and was advised that the new host does not get a bonus.

so why would the new host be motivated to join Airbnb via my referral link?

g

Autumn4
Level 2
San José del Cabo, Mexico

I have a friend who just joined Airbnb. She has a new listing, but has not booked yet, can I still refer her as a host or does it have to be done before they sign up? 

Annette59
Level 1
Fairfield, CA

How do I refer a Host on my website?  I don't see any links.Thanks