Refund?

Natasha229
Level 1
Tampa, FL

Refund?

I had a guest arrive and then cancel because they’re allergic to cats (I have one) and because the curtains didn’t close all the way. They said it wasn’t what they expected. I mention twice in my listing that I have a cat and I think my pictures are a good representation of my listing. It’s not fancy or luxury but I haven’t had any complaints like that before. Now they want a full refund. Do I need to refund them? They were only staying for two nights and since they cancelled the day of, I couldn’t get another reservation. Also, I think their complaints would have been answered if they would have just looked at the listing more closely. I’m fine giving a partial refund, but I think a full refund is excessive. Is this possible? And thoughts?

3 Replies 3
Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Natasha229: Most guests read reviews and look at pictures. Thats about it. I would add a picture of your cat to the listing. 

As far as a refund goes I would get in touch with Airbnb Customer Service (I find their Twitter Help is quite fast).

Good luck.

Natasha229
Level 1
Tampa, FL

Thank you! I will look into that

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Natasha229 

I agree with others suggesting to call Airbnb. They are the professionals.

In the meantime, commit to nothing.

"Before I commit to a refund, let me see if I can rebook your dates. I'll let you know on your original  checkout date. Thank you."