Refunding extra guest fee

Tomi5
Level 4
Asheville, NC

Refunding extra guest fee

I feel ridiculous for asking but would someone chime in on how  I can refund an extra guest fee? Reservation was booked for 3 but only 2 showed up. Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Tomi5 Not sure if this is the correct way, but you can go into the itinerary of your guest and there’s a send or request money link .

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Or if the link to change the reservation is still active, you can use it as well, @Tomi5.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Lisa620
Level 2
Houston, TX

Also at anytime you can type "resolution center" into help and either send or request money for guests.  I sometimes use this to charge the guest when I mail back left items after they have left.

Tomi5
Level 4
Asheville, NC

@Ria16 @Marzena4 @Lisa620 I've had to do this once before and I remember it being much easier. Airbnb changed the format and instead of refunding a straight $30.00, I've got to try to calculate airbnb fees and the refund is $30.64.  This kinda sucks.

Thanks for your help!

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Or consider this approach - no discount for 'missing' friend (s) - by doing this:  offer a 'Base price X for 2' + Z  per extra guest, but encourage/explain to the applicant to ~only~ book for 2 until they are sure of their ultimate number. Since I am booked so far in advance, I adopted this policy and never has a discount for a missing guest come up in the first place, even when it happens. It also takes the pressure off the person that initiated the booking.

Of course, if it is absolutely no cost to you if less people show up than expected, then the discount is a good-will gesture on your part.