Regulations in denmark

in
Linz, Austria
Level 1

Hi,

I'm hosting in DK and there is now a limit on how many nights are allowed hosting. The limit is 70 days. I cannot find any information when this limit is reset, is it on the 1st of December or has it something to do with the tax year?

Also, does this limit also apply for renting out a room only for renting out the whole apartment?

Thanks in advance,

M

Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: Regulations in denmark

in
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level 1

We are many hosts who would like an update from Airbnb on this topic. If we only can rent out 70 days in 2019 I already am above that with bookings for the rest of the year. So will I need to start cancelling bookings at some point???

Information, please, Airbnb!!!!!!!!

in
Lørslev, Denmark
Level 10

I don't think you can expect Airbnb to provide much information. Airbnb is very careful in telling us hosts that we are responsible for following local rules and regulations. Airbnb tries to accomodate, allowing for taxes to be added etc, but that's the extent of it. 

There is a danish article here: https://www.airbnb.dk/help/article/1382/ansvarligt-v%C3%A6rtskab-i-danmark, but they are very careful in stating that the article is not comprehensive. 

Level 1

Yes this would be a very good pice of info!

also, is not clear for me if the limit was 70 and some up to 100 days? why or in wich cases?

I think I ready only rooms rental will apply "moms" but now i heard also entire home will.

WE need this info to change our prices since people are booking now already for September and over!!!

in
Lørslev, Denmark
Level 10

As far as I understand you don't pay moms (VAT), but you have to pay taxes if you earn more than 28,000 DKK, but I might be wrong.