Releasing Physical address

Tammy35
Level 2
Salisbury, MD

Releasing Physical address

Second time someone has asked for the physical address before they reserve. What should I do?

10 Replies 10
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Don't give it. First - it is forbidden on Airbnb and you could be penalized. Second - it is also for your safety. 

I looked throughout the AirBnB site and couldn't find anything.

What your saying makes perfect sense to me too.

Thanks!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Branka-and-Silvia0 are correct. It's against Airbnb's terms and conditions to give out your address before there is a confirmed booking.

Tell your guests they can see your location, by clicking on the location booking on your listing. This will give them the information they need to see if you are in the right location for them.

Jane2672
Level 2
United States

I just received a request for a physical address so the prospective guest can see 'if Safeway delivers' and 'what the neighborhood is like' . . . sounds fishy to me. His profiles just says, 'Hi, I'm Andrew'; joined in 2020 - nothing else.

Is there any place on the ABnB website to report anything like this? I couldn't find anything that would fit the situation. Thanks!

@Jane2672  Many new Airbnb guest users are simply clueless about how things work. Did you read @Helen3 's answer above?  As far as "does Safeway deliver?" you could just phone the local Safeway to find out, if you are so inclined, and let him know. 

I really don't see that there is anything to report  in the guest's communication- he hasn't tried to convince you to let him book off-platform or anything like that.

Yes, of course I referred him to the area map on my listing. I also told him the nearest Safeway stores are 18 and 23 miles away. He didn't ask me if Safeway delivers, but that he needs my address to find out if they do.

He wanted to book for two days from now, for over 90 days (I have a long-term rental for traveling health professionals).

The fact his profile has absolutely no information - none except that he joined in 2020 - and the fact he's asking for a physical address makes me highly suspicious as to his intent. Call me paranoid, but that's my instinct.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Joseph1158
Level 2
Chattanooga, TN

We get a lot of guests asking for the address to see how far it is from X location.  I always ask them for that address and give them the driving time/distance. @Helen3 makes a good point about the location feature.  Guests can see the general area your property is located in by using that.  I try to answer their questions as well as I can but never give my address out before a confirmed booking.

Larry339
Level 10
Brant, Canada

I cannot understand how that would help some decide to book or not. I would not release it prior to being booked.

Requests like that make my spidey senses tingle!

Exactly!