Relentless calls from AirBnB support about a guest requesting a refund

Sean95
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Relentless calls from AirBnB support about a guest requesting a refund

My cancellation policy is "flexible" (minimum 24-hour before check-in time if you want a refund).

I got a message from AirBnB support 2 days ago asking me to authorize a refund for a guest who cancelled at the last minute (without an extenuating circumstances) and I told them to refer to my cancellation policy. The agent said she would close the case.

Then I phone call the next day from another agent. I explained that this has already been dealt with and he said he would close the case.

Today, I got 2 more phone calls and a message from a third agent about the same issue for the same person.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Does this mean the guest is repeatedly creating new tickets to get a refund and the notoriously disorganized customer support simply can't keep it all straight? 

If I block the (844) number that AirBnB calls me from and stop answering customer support messages, does anyone know what will happen? Do they grant refunds to guests, despite cancellation policies, if the host doesn't available themselves to fight each and every request for refunds?

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sean95  I've ever read of this persistent badgering for a refund  before. It sure sounds like she keeps opening new tickets.

As far as the repercussions of ignoring  the messages or blocking the phone number, I have no idea. I'd just stop answering the phone calls when you see that number on the call display.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Just message Airbnb back and confirm that you won't be offering a voluntary refund outside of the cancellation policy the guest booked under. If you don't respond they are likely to refund from your payment.  @Sean95