Remove Instant Book on certain dates

Amber99
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

Remove Instant Book on certain dates

Is there any way to remove Instant Book for certain dates?  I am going out of the country on vacation in February, and it would be difficult for me to continue to host in my guest room.  I am okay with people who are already there for a long period staying in the room while I'm gone, however, so I'd like to remove the option to instant book those days for reservations that start while I'm gone (but allow anything that either ends while I'm gone or extends thorugh my vacation).  Does this make sense?  Does anyone know how to do that?

12 Replies 12
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Amber99 You have a couple of options here: 

1. Shortly before you leave, remove Instant Book from your listing. 

2. Snooze your listing so that no one can book while you are away.  This feature is very helpful while one is on vacation and don't want to be bothered with Instant Booking or Reservation Requests.  You can specify a start and end date you want your listing to be unavailable. 

Here are some helpful links: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1510/how-do-i-turn-instant-book-on-or-off

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/476/how-do-i-snooze-or-deactivate-my-listing

Sue-and-Andrew0
Level 4
Johannesburg, South Africa

It's a little more complex - I've done something similar in the past by specifying, over the period I was away, a combination of minimum length stays and only allowing check-in on certain days of the week.  By working with these two in combination you should be able to limit new guests arriving in that period but allow existing guests to stay.

Ahmad25
Level 2
New York, NY

This ability (or just the ability to turn it on only certain dates) would be very useful and as a host I would start using it if avaiable. I don't use instant book currently because I'd like to only use this feature on dates I know I'm around and those dates that are not too far into the future. I know airbnb loves to push this feature to me every chance they get. So here's your chance to make me "boost my views by %350" 😉 it should be a win/win for both of us.

ookI too am very frustrated with Airbnb push on the instant book. I have certain days that are very high use weekends and I have two booking systems outside of Airbnb.  I would like to set a few weekends a year to not Instant book. I hate that Airbnb dings you for not using this option. 

If anyone knows an option please share!

Justin209
Level 2
Winter Park, FL

I really enjoy instant book but there are occasions when I need to turn it off for particular dates. I'm ok with giving up the instant book "protections" for those dates, but finding odd workarounds is cumbersome and often not effective.

Sila-and-Aurelija0
Level 4
Zürich, Switzerland

Hi,

I know this thread is old, but I was ust researching this topic as I'm going on holidays and while I have self check in and can have guests while I'm away I feel less confident about being super responsive if anyone instant books with a same day check in. I went to disable instant book, I had to chose reasons, I selected "I want to take a temporary break from Instant book", after few trials to convince me not to, I ended up on a page where I could put a date when Instand book will resume which is exactly what I want 🙂 Sharing as this may be a new (kind of hidden) feature.

Best,

Sila

Just try what @Sila-and-Aurelija0 recommended. It worked. But not as ideal as we all wanted I guess. It is a "Pause Instant Book" from today until a certain date. So, for me I need to block my vacation days first. Then, a few days before my vacation, I unblocked them, and pause Instant Book until ready.

Brandon295
Level 1
New York, NY

Just here to add my support for a more flexable instand book option. Instant book for certain days would be VERY helpful. I dont need it on all but would be willing to do it on some! 

Lila78
Level 2
Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia

I have the exact same issue. Can we all write to air and sign a petition for this

Julie713
Level 2
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Hi, I am also going to try what @Sila & Aurelija did. I have 4 listings, some in combination with each other, so instant book, over the past year, I do think helped me get more bookings, so for the most part has been good. BUT for upcoming holidays, I want more control. I wish I could block certain dates (high-demand holidays) when I want more control over who books and when, and the rest of the calendar is left on "instant book".

I forget what "rule sets" does but I remember it being complicated or not helpful!

Julie713
Level 2
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Me again--I followed Sila and Aurelija's plan but it wouldn't let me pause it for more than a month. Super annoying. 

Martin-And-Sarah0
Level 2
Lechlade-on-Thames, United Kingdom

I agree, that it would be good to be able to turn off instant book for some dates. We advertise our space as a quiet location, but we have a music festival for three days in May, and on those days it is not quiet. I would like to be able to tell potential bookers that the music festival is on before they book and complain about the noise, or that I have to un-book them after they find out that it will be noisy.