Removing a listing admin

Chris218
Level 1
Boston, MA

Removing a listing admin

I listed the space but I’m looking to pass it on to my cohost. We have tons of bookings still out there so I don’t want to just shut the listing down which is what Airbnb is telling me is the only option. Any suggestions?

10 Replies 10
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

It's true what they say - the holder of the account/owner of the listing(s) can't be simply removed and it's impossible to transfer the account to another person.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Byron36
Level 2
Sandton, South Africa

Yes, we have a situation where an outsourced estate agent is the listed admin. She has now left her job and can no longer assist with co-hosting. We desperately need to change the listed admin without closing the account because we have loads of open bookings. 

Rodika0
Level 1
Sofia, Bulgaria

We also a searching for a way to remove a listing admin and the co-host to become the admin, and see no info or ways and options how to do it. Any suggestions?

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Rodika0  You can't. The reviews are yours and are not transferable to someone else. You got them for your hosting style. It's host-based, not location-based. They will have to start off new and from scratch.  

Beth3473
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

I had the same issue and how I have solve the problem is changing the name on account for the listing admin. I hope that can help you guys. 

Hi @Beth3473  would you mind going into some more detail on how you got around this issue? When you say changed the name on the account what exactly do you mean? I am having the same issue and would love a way around it. 

Thanks

How did you do it?

Michael6291
Level 1
Pāhoa, HI

I am the host and owner of my place on Big Island Hawaii. I am doing all of the interfacings with the guests. My listing administrator lives in Idaho and originally wanted to be involved but now wants to step away for personal reasons. Can she remove herself? How? Do I have to shut down my online presence, lose all of my reviews and cancel all of my open reservations?

Dewitt2
Level 2
Riverside, CA

I'm in the same situation... my step son is the admin but he no longer wants to do it. I have a lot of reservations... so now what? I have tried calling Airbnb and they tell me to ask him to delete the account! 

Brad797
Level 2
Wilson, NY

Would love to see an update here. I'm in a similar situation where I need to be removed as the Admin for a listing I created and managed for a couple years for a friend. If Airbnb wants us to cancel and start over, that means they are having us cancel tens of thousands of dollars in bookings that they then would need to hope that people would rebook.