Rentability of Property near Baltimore Washington International Airport

Danielle1148
Level 2
Lander, WY

Rentability of Property near Baltimore Washington International Airport

Good Evening! I'm thinking about hosting in my basement studio. It is 8 minutes from BWI with free on-street parking, separate entrance, keyless entry, small fenced area with patch of grass for dogs, and separate 3/4 bath with shower. When I'm done furnishing it- it will have a bar top with 4 stools, two queen day beds with twin trundles (sleeps four-all memory foam mattresses), a small play area for kids with bean bags and games, a tv, coffee maker, mini fridge, and coffee maker. In order to furnish this space it'll be over $3000 so I want to make sure I can get a return on my investment. My question for other hosts in the BWI area- how often is your space rented, what are you receiving per day, and is there anything I can do to make the space more appealing?

Thanks so much!

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Danielle1148  This is an international English speaking forum with contributors from all over the world. What is BWI?

Thanks for asking me to clarify- its Baltimore Washington International Airport

@Danielle1148 Okay, now some hosts from the area might see it. See, I would have assumed it was someplace in Wyoming, since that is your profile area.

You might get more response, though, if you check to see if there is a Facebook hosting group in the Baltimore area.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Danielle1148 

1. You can use platforms like Airdna and speak to your local tourist board about tourism  footfall in your area

2. you can do market research looking at other studios in your areas that are offered on Airbnb to see how they set up their listings