Renting out whole house while I am away

Clarabelle1
Level 1
Meadville, PA

Renting out whole house while I am away

Hi there,

How do I make my whole house available while I am on vacation during Xmas season please?

2 Replies 2
Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

...with great caution. I'm not kidding.

You've given us very little to go on, @Clarabelle1... Do you "let" out parts/rooms of your house now? Either way, you'd have to create a brand new listing...and it wouldn't carry over your "star" ratings of your previous room(s) rental, etc. Your host reviews would remain if someone cared to look them up in your profile, but reviews would also be blank as this is not the same property as the room(s) you may have rented within your home. 

I would be *very* careful doing this if you've never rented out your entire home. ...and also needless to say I would ensure you turn off Instant Book on the entire home. You could have a nasty surprise when you return.

Just my 2 cents...

Jann

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Clarabelle1  Since you already have 3 listings and 18 reviews for your private rooms, you are no stranger to the platform, right?  As @Jann3 stated you simply add another entire house listing.  I suggest you be sure to block the dates on your other listings even if you sync the calendars.  Sometimes the syncing fails.

Perhaps it would be helpful to look at what the Community Center has to offer about listing and managing an entire house that is also your personal home.  Like, Jann indicated, there are big differences when listing an entire house.

Good luck!