Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Reporting Abuse of the AirBnB terms of Agreement

Martin29
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Reporting Abuse of the AirBnB terms of Agreement

Hey folks,

I was looking for a way to contact Airbnb but I can't find one. I've been hosting fo a little under a year and I hae had a wonderful epereince up until a couple of days ago. I've had guests be messy ro break things but I never expereince what I just went through. I had a horrible set of guests that 1. had more people stay than agreed upon (by at east two that I kknow of), and 2. wrecked my home.

I, of couse, filled a claim and will be giving them a bad review but my concern extends beyond this as the broke our agreement and I don't want anyone else going through what I had to. Does anyone know if there is anyone I can talk to in order to report abuse of the terms of the airbnb agreement and make sure they don't do this to anyone else? 

Thanks ian advance for your help,
Martin.

15 Replies 15

@Fiona172  Terrible. There was just a post yesterday from a single woman who hosts in her home who had a guest who had a warrant out for his arrest. He had a a psychotic episode in his room, broke the floor, among other things, was screaming and throwing things around- the host ran outside and called 911, the police came and hauled him off, that's when she found out there was a warrant out on him. Then she went in the room and found all kinds of drug paraphenalia and a bunch of drugs, meth. She called the police again and they came back and took all that away, too.  Even though she reported all this to Airbnb, apparently his profile is still up on Airbnb- he can still book places. It's unbelievable and shocking. 

Please do review horrible guests honestly. You aren't doing yourself or other hosts any favors by not reviewing. If you fear a bad review from a guest, wait until the middle of day 13 to submit your review if the guest hasn't written one yet- that way they might not see that you've reviewed them in time and they won't be able to leave a review themselves. (as you said, the guest was a pro- he knew to wait until the last minute to review, so you wouldn't have time) There is absolutely no advantage to you as a host not to submit reviews. And as you found out, if you don't submit one, you lose the opportunity to respond to the guest's review.