Request a Connected Devices tag and Log out all other sessions tag under account

Tim100
Level 4
Edmonton, Canada

Request a Connected Devices tag and Log out all other sessions tag under account

Hi

Because AirBnB doesn't have something like the TEXT or CALL verification when log in. For example if our account was hacked, and logged in, we don't know, can't stop, and won't know from which device. So we strongly request AirBnB to show us all the connected and current connecting devices, regardless ours or others, pc or phone. 

On top of that, there should be a place that we can 'Log out all other sessions' to further make sure there are no other devices logged in and mirroring our screen via hackware.

Thank you

Request a Connected Devices tag and Log out all other sessions tag under account setting for security check

8 Replies 8
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Hi, @Tim100. Great suggestion. The place for this sort of thing is Host Voice, which is in the dropdown under Discuss at the top of this page. Here in the community forum, hosts will look at it and nod, and even if they comment, that will be as far as it goes. In Host Voice they can give it a thumbs up and you have a chance of it getting to the programmers, which is what you want. I want that, too. I like this idea.

All the best with it!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Tim100 there is 🙂

go to host / dashboard / security / then check off : turn on login notifications

on the same page you will see from which browser / windows / country was your account accessed and whole login history

every time you log in from different browser od device you will be asked to confirm that's you. You will be able to choose the verification method via email, sms or call

I had to add another step in Chrome, @Branka-and-Silvia0: Dashboard -> Account -> Security, but it worked perfectly. Thanks! I already had checked Account Activity under Notifications (also in Account). Didn't remember doing it, but glad to see it. @Tim100, you might want to hit that one, too. 

@Lawrene0 tnx, you are right, I forgot "account" step 🙂

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Tim100,

It is possible to get notifications when someone logs in from a new machine. It's also possible yo see all the currently logged in devices and you can log them out.

Click on your profile photo and then choose "Account settings". Then click on "Security".

To get notification if someone logs in from a new machine or browser check the "Turn on login notifications" box.

To see the currently logged in sessions scroll down to the "Login history" section. You can log out any one by clicking on "Logout".

Of course it would be more convient to have a "log out all sessions except this one" button.

Tou can see the trusted browsers in the "Trusted browsers" section.

Steve.

changing password bec of data breach, i randomly came across a page that had "Device History" on it.  freaked out when a saw a ton of devices lsited as in china, with dates that were from almost a decade after id been to china.  immefdiately logged out of all of them- but never once had recieved notices of those devices being used to log into my acct.    i only accidentally found out.  i tried to follow your instructions about how to ask airbnb to notify me whenever a new device is used- but your instructions dont work...profile pic says "Account" not "Account Settings" so i click on that anyway-but none of your further instructions follow... 

Icare-Hydn0
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

what about for a traveller

Hello, I have three units and am keen to set up my Airbnb account . I would be using someone to manage the bookings etc . My question is , can I be the only one who has the password to the account and the manager has access to the account but cannot make changes / or log me out or take over my account ? especailly when I am travelling .