Research data released! What impacts ranking.

Answered!
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Research data released! What impacts ranking.

Hello fellow hosts. Many of you will be interested in this. Please read the methodology though. 

IMG_0745.JPGhttps://www.reddit.com/r/AirBnB/comments/6113kx/ranking_of_listing_factors_correlating_to_search/?st...

1 Best Answer
Mario-and-Cata0
Level 4
Medellín, Colombia

Amazing article! Of course, we have to be careful with the information as it is not a silver bullet, but it certainly helps a lot.

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

interesting, thanx @David-and-Fiona0 . where do I read about the methology? in the dropbox link?

Thanks for sharing @David-and-Fiona0, this is super helpful.

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@David-and-Fiona0 Thank you for post this.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I am not totaly convinced but will pay attention

It's interesting, but as he says, it was based on one kind of search, 6 persons in one area. It's a correlation within the search results, he can't know if any of the points is causal. 

He saw a lower price per bed as favourable, but that could be typical for the search for a bigger family, which may have less money to spend then a couple. 

I saw no mentioning either of operating system and browser - results vary by that, not only on airbnb. If he did only one kind of search, on one omputer, probably a windows desktop or laptop, as he transferred the results into Excel, the price factor is not significatif. You might get other results on a high end smartphone.

But a very nice find, @David-and-Fiona0 !

Mario-and-Cata0
Level 4
Medellín, Colombia

Amazing article! Of course, we have to be careful with the information as it is not a silver bullet, but it certainly helps a lot.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

About second item of the list, sorry for my ignorance, but what is "absolute price"? 

Daniel-Rusteen0
Level 10
California, United States

This is great! There's not enough of this data out there! Thanks for sharing

Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

And the calendar isn't updating so that's a really big problem.

Schmidt0
Level 1
Arona, Spain

Hi, 

Thank You for your work, I already looking at my listing in a different way. 

But I have a question: Did you take out the new bookings as they seems to get an automatic boost usually. And did you see any correlation between ranking and the number of times visiting the listing? 

I had 2 listings and now a new 3rd one also, and we work with same prices, same bed number, amenties ect. and the new not "new" anymore (over a month now) we lowered the price to get the bookings started (last minute bookings for first month) gained lot of visitor and get lot of wishlist click (114 and the older ones has 84) and still in the page 1-2 but the other 2 listing are page 7-8 even they have more review, but they had less visitors as the other, less booking less everything. So try to figure it out how to bring them back.. 

Any suggestion? Of course the obvious one to lower the price, but beside that?  Thank You!

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Thanks so much!

Vinko2
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Many thanks for this info.