Reservation cancelled, I am not informed, guest at the house (maybe)

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Reservation cancelled, I am not informed, guest at the house (maybe)

Guest was to check in yesterday. I have self check in. Last night I go to look at payouts and see that the reservation is showing as cancelled by Airbnb. This reservation was made about two weeks ago. This is not a security reason cancellation- those look different. I called airbnb and they told me it was cancelled Friday and they do not know the reason. Can not give me any more info. I tried messaging through help but got no response so far. I received no emails about the cancellation. As far as I know the guest is at the house. She is not answering messages. It is an apartment so I can not really stop by to peek or poke around and I do not want to have an unauthorized entry on my hands either. Has any had a similar situation?

5 Replies 5
Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

Wow @Inna22, thats uncomfortable on a few levels.  It shows up on your calendar as current?  

@Melodie-And-John0  off the calendar, no trace of it

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Inna22  If the guest is at the house and the reservation was cancelled why would you not go over there?  You can still maintain social distance, wear gloves/mask, etc. 

@Mark116 went over. No guest. That should not change the fact that I should get a payout though 

@Inna22  Well, you know how that goes, 'should' does not mean will when dealing w/airbnb, but at least you don't have an illegal squatter on your hands.