Reservation request

Helen224
Level 2
Brigg, United Kingdom

Reservation request

Recently I have had five requests to book that have not been taken up for no reason and no explaination.  I think they are scams. What can I do?

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Helen224  If I understand what has transpired, you received 5 booking requests and pre-approved them but they all expired which is unusual for you.  Right?

I have seen many posts on this forum where hosts are mentioning the same thing.  Could be a scam, but alternatively, it might just be related to an influx of new travelers that are sending out multiple requests at the same time and looking for the best deal for them.  Do the reservation requests come from new travelers?

Yes they were from new visitors and you are probably correct.  It just seemed strange that it happened over a short space of time and they were single men who were looking for accommodation while they worked in the area.  Perhaps I'm paranoid or what.  I must remember to chill out - I don't get a lot of guests as I live in a very non-touristy area so I like it when someone checks mine out.  Thanks for your comments.