How can I handle the Society Management in Mumbai, India?

Answered!
Tina20
Level 2
Ahmedabad, India

How can I handle the Society Management in Mumbai, India?

Has anyone faced any resitance from neighbours or the Society management? If yes, how did you handle that?

1 Best Answer

Hi @Tina20,

Most societies believe that "Society laws are above any Government laws and no law can infringe Society bye-laws".

I had a flat that I had rented to some students in Pune, the society said that Bachelors weren't allowed but I knew they cannot impose any such restrictions, so they issue was standing. Later these guys adopted a pet dog. This time they called for a meeting and sent me a notice that Bachelors and Pets and Foreign Nationals were prohibited. I didn't pay much heed, so they decided to file a complaint, which worked in my favour, because our constitution doesn't discrimate and so one is allowed to rent out property to anyone as long as we have completed all formalities and police verifications. 

Socities are unware of the laws and try to bully sometimes. So just get some printouts of the material on the GJ Tourism site and your other registrations and furnish it to them. Find out the bye-laws in your region, I read differnt views on bye-laws. A society can follow the bye-laws it has adopted during registration however these laws cannot override constitutional laws. Since you have 3 listings, I assume you are putting a lot of thime into this, I'd suggest seek help of a lawyer to end this matter once and for all. So that you can peacefull carry on with your hosting 🙂

Good day 🙂

Jeet

View Best Answer in original post

28 Replies 28

Hi Sam,

Can you help me to connect with the lawyer ?Many lawyer are not even aware of airbnb concept so would like ot go woth someone you have already dealt with this situation

What was the solution and your lawyer details please. Kindly watsspp 9167217131

Hi Sam, 

Can you please let us know the solution that seemed to have worked for you ? Your help is much appreciated.

Thx

Hello Sam666,

This is  Ani from Jaipur. 

Kindly share the resolution for this. 

I have staryed getting same rubbish from some of my neighbour. Although, most of them are happy - its just 1-2 individual started making a ruckus. S share the lawyer details and solutions.

I can be contacted. We are fully govt compliant and no case of any issue been reported in past few months of hosting.

Happy hosting. 

Ani

I am facing a similar problem. Can you help me on this.

refer me to your Lawer? I am from Hyderabad . 

Pl share what solution did you get.

I have just started Airbnb and faced similar issue to the extent that my guests were held up at the gate for 45 minutes. 

And I was not in the same city

Hi Sam, 

Can you post here what approach and steps you took? 

I host a property in Pune, and I am facing resistance from the society. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Sangram

wat was the solution

Hi @Sam666,

I need you guidance regarding this, can you please connect with me on this number 91-7303986445.

Vee-Gee0
Level 3
Mumbai, India

Can society object if you are staying in the same house and you are Airbnbing one of your rooms inside your house to a guest. It's like interfering when you have your own relatives or friends staying at your place? Any comments?

has a secretary threatened to call the police and remove a guest. is he authorised to do so. Hosting in Mumbai

Sanjeev5
Level 2
Ahmedabad, India

Society bye-laws are framed restricting PG and Airbnb accommodations. People don't understand that Airbnb offers guest communities better than any other platform. And its a decent source of income too. I guess some don't know the rules, some just want to impose their rules and some are just jealous of you making good money. I have hosted my places in Ahmedabad but stopped during lockdown. 

I think societies can at the most request for ID verification, police verification or registration. Beyond this, they are just overstepping their jurisdiction. 

Hello I’m from Pune and Hosting a Airbnb apartment there, My society has restricted me to list on airbnb and they threatened me to restrict my guest entries. Can anyone help me with solution or any lawyer who can help me in this?

Thanks & Regards,

Akshay - **

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]