Resolution Adjustment

Sharmaine0
Level 1
Washington, DC

Resolution Adjustment

Hi Airbnb family - I just checked in a guest at my propery and instead of receiving the whole agreed amount, I received everything but a "Resolution Adjustment"? Not sure what this is. The guests are not having any issues. Why wasn't I paid the full amount. FYI, this is not my deposit. 

8 Replies 8
Isabel203
Level 10
Halifax, Canada

You should really call the Resolution Centre about this, but I am wondering if you have cancelled a reservation for another guest recently? Or did a previous guest leave early because of a concern with your space? I believe cancellation penalties from AirBnB are sometimes collected by withholding part of the NEXT payout.

That is good to read. I just had a guest leave that stayed one night. As it turns out my previous guest left one day early. I volunteered to refund them the last night and have not seen that amount come out of my checking account as I had already received my payout. So, this could explain everything there.

Cindy272
Level 2
Juliaetta, ID

I also show a resolution adjustment and my guest just checked in last night.  I did send a message to the Resolution Center.  Any ideas what this is all about?

Waka2
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

I have something like this also.. I have no idea what is going on, i've never had a guest cancel or offer a reimbursement for any stay, since I'm on a Strict policy. Even if a guest no shows, they still end up paying full amount. Also, I checked Airbnb.com/resolutions and there is nothing about this there, nor have I been contacted about any resolution, or do I know where to even look search about "Resolution #5572156". I contacted airbnb and they said they'd forward it to a case manager, but so far its been 3 days and no word.

Jun 4, 2018
$514.42 CAD

3 transactions
Resolution Adjustment 
-$539.00 CAD
Mar 1, 2018
Resolution adjustment for resolution 5572156

Reservation HMYNQ4BD8Q
+$679.00 CAD
Vita XXX, Jun 3, 2018 - Jun 10, 2018
*NEW* Luxury Modern/Contemporary Home with a view.

Reservation HMRJ5P9ZEE
+$374.42 CAD
Afzal XXXXX, Jun 3, 2018 - Jun 5, 2018
New Luxury Executive Vancouver Central Park 1BR

If you figure it out, can you let me know?
Cj61
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Please, Sharmaine0

Please, did any of you receive a satisfactory resolution... it has happened to me and it appears to be due to be paid back to the guest that is staying now and he said he didn't complain... he had adjusted his booking for a shorter stay after asking if that was alright with me. He hasn't received THAT money back yet through (Airbnb still have it and it is at least a four times greater amount). Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Cj61 

It sounds like Airbnb are refunding the entire stay, not just the unused portion of it.

If the phone pool lines are open again give CX a call on 02 85203333, that's the Sydney number, and ask them to look into it for you. Being a superhost you get a fast response provided you ring from your Airbnb registered phone.

Generally if more money is deducted from your current payout, what this generally means is, there has been an adjustment for a previous stay that Airbnb have taken it on themselves to refund to a previous guest and they then recoup that adjustment from your next hosting payouts.

Can't give any further advice than that with the information we have ....all the best.

Cheers.....Rob

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

Sigh. 

Airbnb doesn't seem to feel any obligation to inform hosts about anything, unless they want something from you. It's like pulling teeth sometimes just to get a straight answer. 

I'm not sure if it's negligence or ignorance.

CS often doesn't bother to investigate, preferring to simply send a link to a policy related to your question. But that's just outsourced support center behaviour. 

But at other times, I sense they just haven't a clue. They just don't know. That suggests that their support center provider isn't given enough access to information, and/or has no authority to investigate further. 

William1657
Level 2
Bratislava, Slovakia

Hi Guys, I need some help in order to undertand the follow conversation had with the AIRBNB SUPPORT:

PS: THE RESERVATION DATE WAS ON 02/26/2019

AIRBNB SUPPORT CONVERSATION :

Hi William.

This is Dany from Airbnb. How are you?

Thank you for your request. Indeed, when you made your request via the resolution center for possible damages in your accommodation of the traveler Andrew (HMRKYT45R3) you were credited with the sum of 261.55€, however you were not eligible for this refund because you must make this request within 14 days after the check-out or the arrival of another traveler and you hosted the same day Franck (HMH2RFNQ9W).

Thus, not being eligible, we have made an adjustment and debited these 261.55€ again from one of your next reservations.

Kind regards,

No, not at all. Understand one thing, you made a request through the Resolution Center for Andrew because he did damage, however you are not eligible for a refund because you received another traveler the same day.

Therefore, to be eligible for a refund on the Resolution Center, you must do so until 14 days after check-out and before the arrival of a new traveler. You are not eligible because you received the traveler Frank on the same day. This is why we have made an adjustment because this refund is not validated on our side.

MY CONSIDERATIONS AND QUESTIONS FOR YOU GUYS

I do have some questions for you guys.

1) CAN AIRBNB CHARGED ME AUTOMATICALLY ON 20/12/2021 FOR A RESERVATION MADE IT ON 02/26/2019 ?

2) AFTER ALMOST 3 YEARS  CAN AIRBNB DECIDE TO DEDUCT SOME MONEY FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT WITH OUT ANY PERMISION?

3) WHY AT THAT TIME THEY APPROVED THE REIMBURMENT AND AFTER ALMOST 3YEARS  THEY RETAKEN THE MONEY FROM ME? ARE THEY ALLOWED?

Looks like they realised late to made a mistake and now they fixed taking the money from my bank account automatically.

Unfortunatly the reservation is too old , I cannot see trogh the tool what happened on 02/26/2019.

Could you please guys help me some how? Anyone had the same problem? Any suggestions how to solve such a problem?

Thanks in advance

William