Resolution Center - Adding Pet Fee

Wendy1221
Level 2
Cedar Park, TX

Resolution Center - Adding Pet Fee

I have guests checking in in less than a week.  I sent the request for the pet fee through the Resolution Center.  The guest never got the request.  I have selected "involve Airbnb" and nothing happens.  I have sent several messages and they are closing them with no response at all.  Is there a live person that can help me?  The guest is wanting to pay but doesn't know how.  Why can't they just add a line for this up front?  I was told that I could before I even decided to list but said I would have to add it to "additional fees" once it was listed.  But that's not the case.  This is a beating trying to collect the pet fee each time.  Any suggestions on how I can get some help other than trying to message with no response?

26 Replies 26
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need to call not message them @Wendy1221 . Sorry you're having this issue. 

Wendy1221
Level 2
Cedar Park, TX

I can't find a number anywhere to call them.

Call Airbnb  directly at +1-844-234-2500

Airbnb Customer Service is 1-855-424-7262( this number, the average wait time is between 7 and 12 minutes)

Another number that works well in the USA for local callers is 1-415-800-5959 

The Airbnb messaging center : https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact-us/logged-out

Airbnb does not have a specific section to add a fee for pets and the option to charge it through the Resolution Center or adjust the cleaning fee, It is not the correct way, because  many times  If you ask for the fee  thru the Resolution Center Guests do not want to pay it and they get upset, leaving  a bad review.

THAT IS WHY AIRBNB MUST SOLVE THIS PROBLEM NOW AND HAVE THAT SPECIFIC OPTION TO BE PAID BY THE RESERVATION TIME

Likewise, the Host Guarantee does not cover damages caused by pets, even when Guests paid the secure deposit ,   it doesn't cover any damages caused by pets.

PLEASE HELP ME  TO CALL, WRITE TO AIRBNB SO THESE REQUESTS BECOME VIRAL BECAUSE IT WILL BENEFIT  TO EVERYBODY( HOSTS)

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Wendy1221 

The resolution center allow guest and host request and send money for trip related issues.

You can't claim from the guest thought to the resolution canter before the check in date.

• To resolve the issue quickly, request within 24 hours after the guest check in
  • You must claim before your next guest checks-in or within the 14 days after your guest check out

If your request isn’t resolved by guests within the 3 days or the 72 hours after the request, you should ‘ Escalate the Airbnb’.

In this case, be sure to have as much documentation as possible. e.g. Request the pet fee from your guest through Airbnb message as a reference.

Side note: It is also very important to often follow up with case managers ( call is highly advised) as they do have heavy case loads.

Thank you!  I'll make sure from now on to request the day before and message the guest that it's been requested.

Dan this is not accurate 

the resolution center allows for a payment request as soon as the main reservation is paid for. 
you can add extra service.

if not, that function should be eliminated.

in any case I have 3 reservations with this issue no… 2 already checked out (one today ) and another checking in today.

none are able to make the payment on the app.. it’s Airbnb faulty app.

I have had support on the case for 5 days but they have done nothing but made 

Me wait

@Arturo63  Yes, you can request money via the Resolution Center prior to check-in, but you cannot "involve Airbnb" until after the guest has checked out. They won't help you getting money up front prior to a stay.

Hi @Arturo63 @Lisa723 

Thank you for your feedback.

I have few experiences, I try to request money from the guest before the trip start, but it's an error.

The CS told me I should send a request to the guest after the check-in date but not before.

Airbnb does not have a specific section to add a fee for pets and the option to charge it through the Resolution Center or adjust the cleaning fee,  Why do we have to do all these separate steps? after they paid its not right. the People think there being scammed. It's been years asking for a box to check pets and it adds the fees. Why cant we have that?

@Wendy1221  

@Dale711 ‘s advice is completely wrong. I 

handle pet fees this way. I request one week before check-in when the guest’s final payment is sure to be complete. If a guest has difficulty, which is rare, I advise them to click on the link in the email, on a laptop not the phone app. If it’s still not working I second the suggestion to cancel the first request and send a new one.

Arturo63
Level 2
San Jose, CA

Looks like they won’t let me post my original comment…

@Arturo63  There's no "they" not letting you post a comment. It's just a glitchy thing where sometimes when you're writing a post it times-out and then you get an error message.

Happens mostly with longer posts. Get in the habit of copying your post before hitting Reply, so you can just paste it back in a new response box if it disappears.

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Wendy1221  I collected a pet fee this way for several years. I have also had guests who couldn't figure out how to pay. Unfortunately, Airbnb CS will not be much help in this case. It may have changed (god knows they change procedures on a daily basis) but you can try to talk the guest through the process. They should receive an email when you send a request, and all they need to do is click "Accept" via a button in the email. You might try cancelling the original Resolution Request and sending a new one, after you tell your guests what to expect as far as how to pay.