Resolution Center: How long do I have to involve airbnb?

Alex598
Level 1
Boston, MA

Resolution Center: How long do I have to involve airbnb?

I recently had guests that scratched up the front of a brand new stainless steel fridge. I submitted my request in the resolution center requesting money to replace it. It is a small fridge ($350).

The guests want me to try a stainless steel scratch removal kit first. If I were to do this and it doesn't work, I would want to involve AirBnB to reclaim some of my money. My question is, how long do I have after that initial 72 hour window to involve AirBnB? If I can't do it for two weeks, will I still have that option then?

Thanks!

Alex

2 Replies 2
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Alex598 The guests cannot ask you to do things!!! They think they can get away with this easily and they dont respect you at all. Listen the best thing to do is to give Airbnb a call asap or contact them on twitter. Here is the number United States (USA): +1-415-800-5959 (local SF number) or +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free). Good luck!!!

Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Alex598 how important is this for you? I understand that your schedule might not allow you to fix the fridge right away, but not doing it as soon as possible will not do you any good either. If I were you and I know for sure I cannot fix it myself until 2 weeks from now, I would not bother negotiating to fix it myself and keep the claim. If the guest still not agree to pay the damage after 72 hours, I would involve ABB right away. Sometimes they are pretty slow in handling an open case, so not doing it as soon as possible will just make everything takes longer (with no promise that you will get the reimbursement). I suggest that you contact airbnb via Twitter to get help with the resolution center. Good luck!