Resolution Center not working

Heather188
Level 4
Juneau, AK

Resolution Center not working

For the fourth time in the last month I have a guest who is unable to use the resolution center. As stated in my listing I have to charge the local taxes upon check-in through the resolution center. (I have not had anybody balk at this request as it is clearly stated in the listing, I reiterate it when they book, and I remind them when they check in.) For some reason some guests are unable to accept and pay in the resolution center. There is something wrong with the app and the website both.  One guest reported that every time he went to the website it sent him in circles to the app and he could not pay. Two other guests said that it just simply would not work. When I thought it was just an app issue I started including the website address for the resolution center in my request  to try and bypass that problem. I'm about to deal with the fourth guest to see if he can show me what is happening on his end.

This is very frustrating. I do not want to incur Payment Processing fees to use my Square device because the resolution center isn't working. This is a tax so paying fees to receive a tax puts me in the negative. Any ideas and tips?

9 Replies 9

You can log a software bug here: https://www.airbnb.ca/help/feedback  

I would also escalate each and every request that cannot be processed and tell the guests you are doing so because the service isn't working and need to get them involved.  https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/767/what-is-the-resolution-center

But I would recommend getting in touch with Airbnb directly.  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p...

Thank you, I have done so but it is a hassle guests do not want. Airbnb's response was basically well we don't know why we told you to use the resolution center for taxes, you shouldn't. 🙄

City-Limits-Ranch0
Level 10
Watsonville, CA

Just increase your base price to cover the fees you will incur, or collect the tax in cash (this is the only time Airbnb allows you to collect from the guest in cash) or add the tax into your base price and in your listing put the information that tax is included.

Include it in your listing price, avoid the probem.

David
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Heather188  I agree with the suggestion you include in your nightly rate.  You may feel this makes you less price competitive, but going through an extra step to pay local taxes is a turn off.

As I mentioned, I am expressly prohibited from including taxes in my price according to CBJ Finance. 

Please note the main issue: Resolution Center not responding for guests. 

I am trying to use the resolution center as a guest who had to cancel due to injury. It just loads a blank page. I'm done with airbnb. 

I agree, my guest says she has not received anything as well. I need to use it for taxes - I am not there is person  and to otherwise  add it in the listing. a) it increases the cost we both have to pay b) makes me less competitive c) increases Airbnbs commission for no reason. Why shouldn't we expect it to work?? Some tell you to use it, others don't. Honestly they have the worst customer service - rude and ignorant, right hand does not know what the left is doing. Poorly trained. If it isn't making them more money they don't focus on it.  Hey Airbnb fix your Resolution Center.