Resolution Issue

Aleksandra1
Level 2
Belgrade, Serbia

Resolution Issue

Hi Community!

I had a weird thing happen to me. First off, I think I had something that was resolved in the resolution center a few months ago. However, after the resolution and subsequent check out of the guest, the days on my calendar were not unblocked so I could not rent out the place. Because of this, when someone last week asked for a resolution because he did not wish to stay longer, I offered him a more than fair resolution but told him to cancel his resevation. He did not cancel his reservation until later or perhaps it autocancelled. The resolution center switched to a 'Closed' status now not allowing me to refund the guest.

It is very possible, that whomever from airbnb reviewed the resolution center messages saw that I was completely in the right and that the guest was being unreasonable. For this reason they may have closed the resolution request without any repayment. Still I had offered repayment. So now I am not sure what I should do or how I can know if the resolution inquiry was auto-closed or closed by a moderator who sided with me and said I was in the right and should not refund.

In the resolution center dialogue, I had proved that the guest had fabricated many details so I don't think it would be unexpected that despite my offer the moderator simply closed the issue. In either case, I am not sure what to do because I do not want to contact that host in the case that a moderator closed it and in the case that it was auto-closed I am not even sure how I could return any funds as there is no longer an option to do so.

Thank you!

1 Reply 1
Regina32
Level 1
Seattle, WA

I'm sorry this happened to you. It sounds confusing and I am curious as a host who has also had a strange experience with the resolution center whether you ever heard back from them and discovered what occurred?