Resolution centre

Resolution centre

Does anyone have positive stories about the 'Resolution Centre'

My experience is very negative and so far I have only heard negative stories.

Is there anyone that have their dispute resolved by 'Resolution Centre'

10 Replies 10
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Beata12 good question. I would also like to hear how do they did it.

Rachael26
Level 10
Murphy, NC

@Beata12

I am sorry to hear you did not have a successful outcome.

I have only been reading various posts and stories in the Community Center since March 1st - but since then I have read and heard of at least 11 hosts who have had a difficult situation reported, and resolved (including financial recompense) through Airbnb. Whether this was under the Host Guarantee or the Resolution Center/security deposits I don't know the exact breakdown.

I was thinking that this might make a good project to actually collect the success stories of hosts that had damage/theft of property and possessions so that others can read about their story. It might be of use to some in the future.

Best Wishes.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Beata12

Over my time here I have heard of positive experiences in dealing with the Resolution Centre. Maybe once a month there will be a post praising the service offered and received, and I guess Beata, we generally don't get to see the sucessful outcomes. Few people actually thank the insurance company for fixing their car...it is sort of expected!

On one side, the Resolution Centre has over the years become bogged down in minor issues, and has been forced into progressively becoming a more hard line 'damage minimisation' arm of Airbnb.

On the other hand Airbnb is a booking site, and despite some fluffly statements is not an insurance company! Most claims are made with a certain amount of emotional angst involved where patience, (while Airbnb get a balanced perspective on who is at fault) can be extremely limited.

I have never had to make a claim Beata but all I can suggest from reading what has been reported here is, read all the rules around issues dealing with the resolution centre and set yourself up with a proper protocol so that if you are unfortunate to have another occurence that requires assistance you know the accepted way of reporting, the time frame, and format required for the Resolution Centre to make a favourable decision. Cross all the t's and dot the I's and don't give them any escape path from your complaint.

What you have to remember Beata, guests make Airbnb money, the host is the neseccary evil to facilitate making that money. They will rather side with a guest than a host!

I am sorry for you that you feel you have been hardly done by where the Resolution Centre is concerned, and I know nothing of the issues which have lead you to feel that, but good outcomes are possible, you just have to make sure the scales are weighted in your favour. Airbnb do not offer 'no fault' insurance!

Cheers....Rob

Rachelle-And-Joseph0
Level 3
Huntsville, Canada

Does anyone know a contact or email for the resolution center?  I have made a claim 3 weeks ago and I have yet to hear back from them.  I have looked everywhere on the site and can't seem to find any contact information to speak with them regarding my claim.

Please if you have any information let me know?

Thanks

Joseph and Rachelle 

Clarissa20
Level 1
Sunnybank, Australia

i can't even find out how to contact the resolution centre. it has only two options, but because my issue does not fit into those two box. i cannot proceed any more. this is the worse experienc i ever have with any on line company. there is no service provided by the company at all. there is no contact phone number or address.

Amanda713
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

I received a response from my case manager that went to my email, but have no idea how to access this message on my Air BNB site. I have looked everywhere! I did reply back to them through my email but I know there must be a way to message my case manager directly through the Air BNB site.. somewhere?? 

@Amanda713  Try looking in your Inbox in your hosting account. But click on "Travelling" when the Inbox comes up. That's where I've found messages from support, even though I've never been a guest, only a host. Go figure.

@Sarah977  The messages come to the guest inbox and sometime host inbox are the messages from normal call center support instead of the resolution center support. 

Resolution center support always comes in emails. 

@Alice595  Thanks for the heads up.

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Amanda713  No, you are not able to directly contact to the case manager who handles the resolution center case on Airbnb web site. Neither you can contact through Airbnb app. They don’t give you direct number or extension you can reach either. Sometimes they may call you. 

The initial contact is through the resolution center involve Airbnb button. That is it.

The only way is through email and the same email address which is response@airbnb.com. It is very frustrating with this type of communication!