Resort Lock Access Codes

Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

Resort Lock Access Codes

Where can I find an example of what the integration of the access codes into the guests itenary or detials looks like after I activated the integration with my Resort Lock. 

http://remotelock.com/airbnb/

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
11 Replies 11
Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lizzie - might want to put this in community help as I see documentation is lackign and others might have the same question.  I tried to put links into the login etc but the filters didn't like it. 

For those that are curious here is how the lockstate integration works after you have linked your accoutn with them on AirBNB (http://remotelock.com/airbnb/) and your calendar information is synched between your AirBNB accound the LockState account. 

With the software integration for Airbnb, the default checkin/checkout times are controlled in your resort lock management portal account. To adjust them, log into your account and go to the settings tab for the lock in question. At the bottom of the screen, you can adjust the checkin/out times.

Your guest would be sent an email to the email address that is used for the booking on the Airbnb site. The email that goes out to the guest can be customized to your liking.  I'm not sure what the default one will look like mine is configured as follows.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear #name#,

Thank you for booking  #propertyname#!

Our property is equipped with a keyless entry door lock for your convenience. Here is your door code and access information. Please note that you can customize the lock with your own code once you arrive.

=== AccessCode Information ===
Access Code: #accesscode#
Date: #dates#
Guest Name: #name#
Property: #propertyname#
Address: #address#

=== Lock Instructions ===
There are two methods to opening the lock on your vacation rental.

Method 1: Use Default Access Code Enter the following on the lock’s keypad: Access Code, # (Door will unlock)

Method 2: Create Your Own Code (Can be 3 – 5 Digits)
   Step 1: Hold the * key until green light is solid (About 2 seconds), then release.
   Step 2: While green light is lit, enter Access Code, #, Your Own Code, #
   Now you have programmed your own code into the lock. Next step is to unlock the door using the code you just created.
   Step 3: Enter Your Code, # (Door will unlock)

As always don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

#ownername#
#email#
#phonenumber#

--- Note: You can use the following to customize the email to your liking. 

• Use #name# where you want to show your Guest name.
  • Use #lockname# where you want to show the Lock's name.
  • Use #propertyname# where you want to show your Property name.
  • Use #accesscode# where you want to show your Guest access code in the body.
  • Use #dates# where you want to show your access time in the body.
  • Use #address# where you want to show the address of your property.
  • Use #phonenumber# where you want to show your phone number.
  • Use #email# where you want to show your email address.
  • Use #ownername# where you want to show your name.

Ana177
Level 2
Galveston, TX

I am seriously considering useing Resort Locks on my houses.  If I'm reading this correctly, does AirBnB auto generate entry codes for guests?  Thanks, Ana

Ana-

Yes it does.

@Bill50 I thought the codes were generated from Resort Lock and sent to Airbnb guest via email?  Help!!  I'm new!

Lisa

@Lisa5676 

Yes it does, once configured.  Have you set up the integration? 

https://support.remotelock.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001772751-Airbnb-Integration

You should be able to look up the codes that were generated by logging into the RemoteLock app or the code generation website 

i recommend the algorithmic locks (older models) that don't use or require WiFi). If you live near your unit and have rock solid wifi the wifi might be ok. Besides the lower cost you don't have to worry about not being able to generate codes.

Also I recommend the less expensive RL2000 I've had mine for 3 years and the support confirmed its as reliable if not more than the 4000.

You won't be disappointed and thier service is outstanding. 3 years later well out of warranty they shipped me a part to fix my lock for only shipping Snd would have also fixed it if I sent entire lock to them for the same price.

Andrew

Andrew my RL4000 lock for 4 months. Integrated with airbnb for my 3 listings and the lock physcially broke on Friday.  Installed same lock today and tried to integrate with my airbnb listings.  (yes I cancelled old lock)  Had a friend book my place... tried the new emailed access code... did not work.  I beleive it was not intergrated with airbnb and I am not sure how to get it AWAY from my OLD lock and to my NEW lock

HELP??

@Denise8 I'd call LockState they are great. My guess is you need to unlink the lock and then set it up again. Also talk to them about fixing your old lock.  They sent me the parts for the cost of shipping and indicated they would also fix the lock at no cost if you send it to them (need to pay for shipping). Mine was 3 years aloof and well out of warranty. 

Aiden5
Level 2
Garden Grove, CA

@Andrew90 once integrated with Airbnb, is it possible for these locks to self issue random codes & email or airbnb message them to upcoming guests?

Yea, they do that. You can customize the email and the codes generated only work from the check-in date and time to checkou date and time. Seamless!

@Aiden5 if you're looking for a system that automatically generates codes and messages it to users you may want to check out rental lock automater from rboy apps. It requires a smartthings hub and a z-wave lock of your choice (I use Schlage and Yale). It does a lot more than just manage user codes. I've written about it on another topic here if you're interested

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Electronic-Door-Locks/m-p/697961/highlight/true#M159188