Response rate

Response rate

Hi all. We're new to hosting and are over the moon that we already have 5 bookings for December. We have replied to all enquiries well within 24hrs, BUT this morning our response rate has suddenly dropped from 100% to 91%. We're puzzled and a bit upset by it. What is happening?

20 Replies 20
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

That's a very helpful insight @Sarah977 !

- One of my listings has been  showing up as 97% response rate on the 'Quality>Superhost>Basic Requirements' page, with my overall response rate as 99% over my 3 rooms. I'd wondered if it was because I did not 'pre-approve' someone who had no intention of actually booking, or if it was because I failed to respond to her second message the next day. I DID answer the initial 'enquiry' within minutes.

- BUT, I just looked at my affected listing, and, you are right, it's still '100%' there. So I think you've cracked the explanation! - DEFINITELY a glitch!

@Lawrene0  

@Charles1116 

Elliott50
Level 2
Whitby, Canada

Exact same situation for me. Hoping to get to Superhost status for January 1 so my unexplainable drop to 73% won’t help!!

Hoping Robin is right. Thanks for replying!

I think the algorithm is off. I haven't checked my stats yet but I have had to report to zero review guests with suspicious behavior. One I declined with a reason and still go "remember to reply to this guest" reminders. And another was the generic "we love your place and wanted to ask questions and here's our What's app number" which I also reported and continued to get reminders to reply even when I had declined and gave an answer "I don't communicate outside of the Airbnb app." I also noticed that Airbnb finally (weeks later) responded to my first issue by reiterating not to communicate outside the app - duh!!! and no response to me reporting the second person.

Is Airbnb still outsourcing work? They need to bring former staff back, then.

@Christine615  I think the outsourcers are now sub-outsourcing 😬

Seriously, though, I remember reading a response (which I can't locate now) on one of the threads in the Airbnb Updates section from Catherine Powell where she assured hosts that they were going to have CS back up to good standards with more trained staff by November. Last time I looked at the calendar, it's now Dec.

But here's one I found- notice the date she posted this:

Sarah977_0-1607138170766.png

Sorry this posted so small- the pertinent line is "Our aim is to return to normal levels of service by the end of the month..."  (posted Sept.28th)

If "normal levels of service" means abysmal service, then I guess the aim has been achieved.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

@Charles1116@Lawrene0@Ann72@Helen350@Elliott50@Christine615,

Thanks so much for sharing this here, I'm sorry you are impacted by this. 

I've just shared an update on the response rate here. I'm continuing to follow this with the Product team and will make sure you have updates when there is more to share. 

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy your weekend. Speak to you soon.

Lizzie

(FYI - @Melodie-And-John0@Robin4@Nikolai12)

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Frank1313
Level 1
Los Pargos, Costa Rica

Aloha from Costa Rica! Yes, I am really upset about my Response Time ranking as well, after the Covid shut down of March 2020, I received ZERO requests OR inquiries until just recently, and my Response Rate went from 100% to 55%!!!! While I have begun receiving both inquiries AND bookings, my Stats have stayed at 55%!!! I am always responsive to every type of inquiry, How do I get this stat to reflect that to my potential guests?