Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Responses Needed]: Community December Project? UPDATED

Good idea

Hello Everyone,

I hope you have had a fantastic week. 

As we are nearing the end of the month and approaching the end of the year too, I wanted to get your thoughts on an idea for a Community project I think could be really nice for December.

This time last year in the German Speaking Community Center, Theresa (@Florian-and-Theresa0) had a great idea to create a Community Advent Calendar in her CC and it worked really well. If you can speak German I can really recommend taking a look.

I think it would be fantastic to do something similar here in the English speaking Community Center this year, which could last for the whole of the month. The best thing about this is that we can all get involved and share some great things leading up to the end of the year.

The way it would work is that we all select and share which day(s) we would like to post a tip, an idea, a nice story or positive experience in advance of the start of the month (or a least a little ahead of the day). This way we can make sure that we have something every day and have things to look forward to. We would then post each day's great thing as a new thread, which makes it easy to follow for everyone.

As this is a team effort and requires a little bit of planning ahead for all of us, I wanted to get your thoughts on whether you would like to do this and if so, who would like to be involved?

It would be great to hear from you. 🙂

Thank you so much,

Lizzie

-------------------------------------------------

UPDATE–Nov 29th

We are now in full flow with this Community Center project, thank you to all of you who replied. We are now sharing the date(s) we would like to share our tip or positive story here in the CC. If you would like to be involve, this is fantastic, please take a look through the discussion below and share which date you would like to take. 🙂 Here is a quick link to see which dates are still available.

Thanks so much, this is going to be fantastic.

Lizzie

If you would like to read each of the days, take a look here: A month of celebration. Thank you to everyone who has been involved. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

106 Replies 106
Susie5
Level 10
Boston, MA

Hi @Lizzie, I like this idea a lot! On this forum we tend to fall into a negative vibe when we air our issues with uncommunicative guests, messy guests, changes to the platform, etc. and it might be nice to have a positive space to visit each day as well.  I could post something about the fun my neighbors have had with the guests (so far so good! maybe I shouldn't jinx it by saying how well it's going)!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Susie5,

I hope you are having a good day. I'm so pleased you want to be involved in this.

Which day would you like to take?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Hi @Lizzie.  I'm game... for however much or not that I'm able to contribute, I'd love to watch!  (I will check out the German site.)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Best,

Kim
Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Wow, @Lizzie, the German community is SO DIFFERENT than we are on this side!  I was blown away by the supportiveness of the group!  How did this happen? FAQs on a related topic, tutorials... provided as defaults by some hosts!?  Oh my!

Kim

How do you find the German, or any other community site? 

@Sue-and-John0, go to @Lizzie's original message: click on look  (Try to click on that here, and if not, go back to her original message in this thread).

The site is in German, but if you can understand this language, you will be amazed.  Their community is so different from ours!

Best,

Kim
Amira13
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

Happy thanksgiving 🦃 

I would like to join 

I think it be a great idea 

Joanne-Flynn0
Level 9
Phoenicia, NY

Hi @Lizzie

I love this idea to get more positive stories out there. We all have so many but lots of time don't post them. I volunteer to help.

Thanks for your help with this and with our community!

John1095
Level 2
Ruspidge, United Kingdom

Hello Lizzie,

It seems to be a good idea. I am new to this so will try to keep up, technology of it al is a new learning for me.

Cheers for now.  John

Count me in!  I would like to post something positive on my birthday, December 17th, if that date is still available.  I'm not sure what I'll post about, but if nothing else stirs within me, I can talk up the simply amazing guests I've had this year in ABUNDANCE!  Wow, have I met some incredibly wonderful people in my own home and made so many new friends in the process!  This, in my opinion, is the very best reason to host on Airbnb!!!  I'm so grateful for the experience, truly!

I like it.  Maybe the news medial would help in smaller communities!

Marie405
Level 10
Taguig, Philippines

Hi @Lizzie, this is a great idea and would love to support it with a positive and memorable experience with one of my guests. Count me in 🙂 

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

17th December is also my birthday.

What we would like to say is that the vast majority of guests over the last year have been great and shown great Flexibility as there has been major engineering work at our place. 

Also the places we have stayed in through abb have been great. 

Between now and Christmas is the low season here. We are away for the week for a pre-Christmas get together with family. So one of our listings is being decorated. The other is occupied for a week by a Homeless friend. Not a street sleeper but without a home whilst he is sorting in his new place. 

Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

@Lizzie:  I'm happy to contribute.  Maybe it would be helpful to other hosts to provide a recommendation of something successful that I did with our listing that had good results.  ??  I am currently working long hours, 6 days a week, so I will place my post here, and maybe you're able to edit my post and then post it when you want to?

An Inexpensive Listing Feature that gives us peace of mind:  We installed a key pad lock on the side carport door, and it's been a huge success.  We have not had one single Guest not be able to get in (you must take great care to enter the numbers correctly), and there are no keys given out to your house to worry about being duplicated.  We do not need to be present, which allows Guests to enter our home at any time after the start of the Check-in period, and the Guests love this feature.  The lock was under $100 and for Peace of Mind - it is well worth it!

Lois & Darryl

Mtn Haven