Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Responses Needed]: Community December Project? UPDATED

Good idea

Hello Everyone,

I hope you have had a fantastic week. 

As we are nearing the end of the month and approaching the end of the year too, I wanted to get your thoughts on an idea for a Community project I think could be really nice for December.

This time last year in the German Speaking Community Center, Theresa (@Florian-and-Theresa0) had a great idea to create a Community Advent Calendar in her CC and it worked really well. If you can speak German I can really recommend taking a look.

I think it would be fantastic to do something similar here in the English speaking Community Center this year, which could last for the whole of the month. The best thing about this is that we can all get involved and share some great things leading up to the end of the year.

The way it would work is that we all select and share which day(s) we would like to post a tip, an idea, a nice story or positive experience in advance of the start of the month (or a least a little ahead of the day). This way we can make sure that we have something every day and have things to look forward to. We would then post each day's great thing as a new thread, which makes it easy to follow for everyone.

As this is a team effort and requires a little bit of planning ahead for all of us, I wanted to get your thoughts on whether you would like to do this and if so, who would like to be involved?

It would be great to hear from you. 🙂

Thank you so much,

Lizzie

-------------------------------------------------

UPDATE–Nov 29th

We are now in full flow with this Community Center project, thank you to all of you who replied. We are now sharing the date(s) we would like to share our tip or positive story here in the CC. If you would like to be involve, this is fantastic, please take a look through the discussion below and share which date you would like to take. 🙂 Here is a quick link to see which dates are still available.

Thanks so much, this is going to be fantastic.

Lizzie

If you would like to read each of the days, take a look here: A month of celebration. Thank you to everyone who has been involved. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

106 Replies 106
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lois-and-Darryl0@Kimberly136@Andrew157@Marie405@Kimberly54@Susie5@Sue-and-John0@Amira13@Joanne-Flynn0@John1095

Thank you so much for replying, I am so pleased you would like to do this, I think it could be really good.

So, I think the next thing to do is to start allocating the days so we know in advance. I have seen both Andrew and Kimberly have birthdays on Dec 17th (exciting times) and would like this day, perhaps we could have two on this day if you are both really keen for this day (perhaps you could also post something else on another day as well?) 🙂

Please can you post which day(s) you would like to take? Who is going to kick us off with Day 1? 

@Marzena4@Linda108@Branka-and-Silvia0@Steve143@David126@Jeff158@Cynthia-and-Chris1@Edwin57@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0@Willow3@Alice-and-Jeff0@Kelly149@Lisa658@Helen3@Lawrene0@Fred13@Helga0@Marit-Anne0@Gerry-And-Rashid0@Andrea9@Clare0@Farah1@Cormac0@Jessica-and-Henry0@Huma0@Robin4@Ange2@Huaai0@Hilary-And-Ed0@Karen-and-Brian0@Lilian20@J-Renato0@Amy38@Tim-and-Holly0@Jeet0@Blagoje0 I'm not sure if you have seen this discussion, it would be great to hear if you would like to be involved?]

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi @Lizzie, can I pick December 24th please?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Amazing, December 24th is yours @Marie405. 🙂 This is really exciting! 

--------------------

@Lizzie Hello Lizzie i hope you are fine. Is boxing day available? If yes please let me know i would like to share some of my experience on that particular day as i will be hosting 2 different guests on that day. Thank you and have a nice day.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0,

Thanks so much for your reply. It is great to see you would like to take part, I think it is going to be a really nice thing to mark the end of the year! 🙂

December 26th is still free, so I will put you down for this day. 

Exciting times.

Lizzie

--------------------

@Lizzie Thank you Lizzie!

Lol, you are cheating @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0 and @Lizzie. It’s no longer an advent calendar, if you go on after the arrival of Christmas (=advent) on Dec 24. Or you have to add the 12 days of Christmas they do in some parts of the workd. 😉

@Helga0 Not cheating at all here! It was never mentioned by Lizzie that we should all post our ideas and experience before Christmas. Boxing day is the perfect time for me 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

hehe @Helga0 and @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0. Aw I was actually hoping we could reach one for every day of December, as a celebration leading up to the end of the year. 

We have have quite a few days covered now...but, we still have quite a few to go, so I really hope others will get involved soon.  Please spread the word if you can! hehe 🙂

--------------------

@Lizzie, sorry, I have no luck with private messages. Did you get mine from 2 days ago?.

Hi Lizzie,  Not sure if you are back today or tomorrow but hoping to connect and to join in.  Here in Maine on our "island" we have had lots of very interesting experiences and harbor (no pun intended!)  some unique but also shared questions that we would like to throw out.  What days are still available next week?  We would like to post an idea and get feedback. So glad that I saw this as I was making some seasonal changes to my listings that in the heart of December were talking about ocean breezes and skimpy dress...brrrrrrr...now let's talk about toasty fireside chats and constallation gazing on a clear cold night on snowshoes perhaps.  Welcome back.  Let me know how I can contribute.  changehowyousee@yahoo.com Cary

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hi @Lizzie,

Great idea.  I'd love to participate.  I will take December 12.

Thanks, Hilary

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Fantastic, thanks @Hilary-And-Ed0. Dec 12th is yours. 🙂

--------------------

My experiences always turn into funny stories, but they are not predictable. I may publish a recent one, if there is no guest to tell about the day before. If you have no takers for the start, I may begin on Dec 1. Or shift me around to another day. 

Do we a new thread every day like the German hosts plan to do? I would love to have one page with a copy of every entry, without comments, a real Adventkalender, only to look at it. You could do that alongside or at the end ? 

I came accross that calendar today, but for some reason the picture turns whenever I want to post it. (It's online now and opens correctly in the browser if addressed directly.) It's an old toy and I wondered, how nice it would be, if you had guests with kids, to put a new gift in a new drawer every day. for adult guests as well, but I'm not that fully booked in December.

helga-calendar

http://clownauguste.com/helga-calendar.jpg

to see it without turning your head