Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Responses Needed]: Community December Project? UPDATED

Good idea

Hello Everyone,

I hope you have had a fantastic week. 

As we are nearing the end of the month and approaching the end of the year too, I wanted to get your thoughts on an idea for a Community project I think could be really nice for December.

This time last year in the German Speaking Community Center, Theresa (@Florian-and-Theresa0) had a great idea to create a Community Advent Calendar in her CC and it worked really well. If you can speak German I can really recommend taking a look.

I think it would be fantastic to do something similar here in the English speaking Community Center this year, which could last for the whole of the month. The best thing about this is that we can all get involved and share some great things leading up to the end of the year.

The way it would work is that we all select and share which day(s) we would like to post a tip, an idea, a nice story or positive experience in advance of the start of the month (or a least a little ahead of the day). This way we can make sure that we have something every day and have things to look forward to. We would then post each day's great thing as a new thread, which makes it easy to follow for everyone.

As this is a team effort and requires a little bit of planning ahead for all of us, I wanted to get your thoughts on whether you would like to do this and if so, who would like to be involved?

It would be great to hear from you. 🙂

Thank you so much,

Lizzie

-------------------------------------------------

UPDATE–Nov 29th

We are now in full flow with this Community Center project, thank you to all of you who replied. We are now sharing the date(s) we would like to share our tip or positive story here in the CC. If you would like to be involve, this is fantastic, please take a look through the discussion below and share which date you would like to take. 🙂 Here is a quick link to see which dates are still available.

Thanks so much, this is going to be fantastic.

Lizzie

If you would like to read each of the days, take a look here: A month of celebration. Thank you to everyone who has been involved. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

106 Replies 106
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helga0,

Aw this is great. I've edited your post and moved your photo around so everyone can see it. 🙂

Great to hear you will be taking Day 1!

Yes, I agree I think this is a super idea to have a list of the links to each day so that we can find them all in one post. If you like I can create one after a few days and it will be an easy way to find our list. 

I was also thinking, as each day will be a completely new topic, for each of our posts at the start of the title to make it easy to identify we could write [Day 1]..., [Day 2]... etc. 

This is going to be fantastic. Thanks so much.

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie, is December 9 still open? (my birthday!) 

Best!

Kim
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great @Kimberly54, Dec 9th is yours. 

Exciting times. I am so pleased you are liking this idea. 🙂

--------------------

@Lizzie,  Great!

OK, I am cruising through the posts now... you mentioned a separate post for each day, and someone also said they would like to see some kind of thread...

How/when do we submit our Advent calendar story?  Pesky time-zones... should we post the night before? And where?

Best always,

Kim
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Very good point @Kimberly54. I think as we will be highlighting the post with our titles [Day x] then I think we shouldn't worry too much about the time zone as this could get quite tricky for everyone. Perhaps something to be slightly aware of though if you are doing it and have lots of time in your day to plan this, but if not I think we will still be able to track it down for what day it is corresponding for. 🙂

If you have any other thoughts on how to make this work better though, please do share. 

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Omigosh @Helga0, I LOVE THIS!  @Lizzie?

(PS: I'm just reading through this thread, so forgive me if I'm behind!)

This is sooooo sweet!

Best,

Kim

Posted above, hoping you will see.  Thanks Cary changehowyosuee@yahoo.com

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

@Lizzie @Kimberly54

I am happy to take 16th or 18th if the 17th has gone 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much, @Andrew157. Both are available at the moment, shall we go for the 18th? 🙂

--------------------

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

@Lizzie

Thanks I will take the 18th.

I thought I had replied before but I can't see the response. 

If you don't understand German then Google Chrome will automatically translate into English. I did German O level and cannot remember much of it. 

Most of our visitors have understood English and our only communication issue has with some Aussies. But the that's two countries divided by a language 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wonderful, thank you @Andrew157. 🙂

--------------------

Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

What a wonderful idea @Lizzie! I'd like Dec. 7th if it's still available. I'll forever think of it as "The Day of Infamy", the day Pearl Harbour was bombed, yes, but also one of my dearest friend's birthday & the day I always drag out my Christmas decor. I'll try to come up with a good tip, or at least a positive story which won't be hard to do - we've had so many relaly wonderful guests over the past 18 or so months. 🙂 - Karen

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This sounds fantastic @Karen-and-Brian0, thanks so much. 

Dec 7th is yours. 🙂

--------------------

Kristine53
Level 2
Whistler, Canada

Count me in please

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely to meet you @Kristine53. Great to hear you would like to be involved. 🙂

Which day would you like? If you are happy with any, how about Dec 2nd?

--------------------