Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Responses Needed]: Community December Project? UPDATED

Good idea

Hello Everyone,

I hope you have had a fantastic week. 

As we are nearing the end of the month and approaching the end of the year too, I wanted to get your thoughts on an idea for a Community project I think could be really nice for December.

This time last year in the German Speaking Community Center, Theresa (@Florian-and-Theresa0) had a great idea to create a Community Advent Calendar in her CC and it worked really well. If you can speak German I can really recommend taking a look.

I think it would be fantastic to do something similar here in the English speaking Community Center this year, which could last for the whole of the month. The best thing about this is that we can all get involved and share some great things leading up to the end of the year.

The way it would work is that we all select and share which day(s) we would like to post a tip, an idea, a nice story or positive experience in advance of the start of the month (or a least a little ahead of the day). This way we can make sure that we have something every day and have things to look forward to. We would then post each day's great thing as a new thread, which makes it easy to follow for everyone.

As this is a team effort and requires a little bit of planning ahead for all of us, I wanted to get your thoughts on whether you would like to do this and if so, who would like to be involved?

It would be great to hear from you. 🙂

Thank you so much,

Lizzie

-------------------------------------------------

UPDATE–Nov 29th

We are now in full flow with this Community Center project, thank you to all of you who replied. We are now sharing the date(s) we would like to share our tip or positive story here in the CC. If you would like to be involve, this is fantastic, please take a look through the discussion below and share which date you would like to take. 🙂 Here is a quick link to see which dates are still available.

Thanks so much, this is going to be fantastic.

Lizzie

If you would like to read each of the days, take a look here: A month of celebration. Thank you to everyone who has been involved. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

106 Replies 106
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Lizzie I hadn’t responded yet bc I was having trouble thinking of what I could add to this idea. But I believe I have it now, so please go ahead and assign me a day. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw wonderful, thanks @Kelly149. I'm going to go to the first day free which is December 3rd? Would that work for you?

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie Yes, got it

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie Ok Lizzie put me in before Fred.....I will take the 19th. Can't tell you it will be in @Helga's league, but I believe there is a certain similarity between women and parrots....they both know how to talk!!    Boing

Cheers....Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great stuff @Robin4, thanks so much for taking a day, December 19th is yours. 🙂

I think it is best for me not to squawk on about my likeness to a parrot (haha)...so I will save you that, although I have to confess I do like to talk!!

--------------------

Hi Lizzie,

It's my pleasure joinning the list.  Dec 15 is already taken.

Congratulations in advance for your birthday!

By the way, I'm also a Sagittarian, Dec 10 was mine.

I take Sat. Dec 30, so please schedule me.

Best,

Jose

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Just to update you all, here is how the month is shaping up. 

1st: @Helga0 

2nd: @Kristine53

3rd: @Kelly149

4th: @Robin129 (Belle, WV) 🙂

5th: @Alice-and-Jeff0

6th: @Helga0

7th: @Karen-and-Brian0

8th: @Βασίλης-and-Ann0

9th: @Kimberly54 (San Diego, CA) 🙂

10th: @Joanne-Flynn0

11th:  Lizzie

12th: @Quincy

13th: @Marzena4

14th: @Andrea9

15th: @Helga0 

16th: Lizzie

17th: @Quincy filled in for Kimberley (Greenville, SC) 

18th: @Andrew157 

19th: @Robin4 (Mount Barker, Australia) 🙂

20th: @Fred13

21st: @Helga0 

22nd: @J-Renato0

23rd: Lizzie aka me (happy to swap though) 

24th: @Marie405

25th:@Kimberly54 (San Diego, CA) 🙂

26th: @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0

27th: @David126

28th: @Quincy

29th:@Kimberly136 (Greenville, SC) 

30th:@Jose309

31st: Available

I also thought it would be useful to recap a little more about how it works:

• On your day, create a new topic in the relevant board, e.g if it is a tip about hosting, post it in the Hosting board. 
  • Title your post: [Day X]: Followed by a title of your choice e.g "World's greatest tip on creating towel animals..." 
  • Once posted, copy the link to your post and share it back here in this discussion, to highlight it everyone and we can go in and give it lots of support! 🙂

I will be creating a overview post containing the collection for every day and will feature it on the CC Homepage. 

A huge huge thank you to all of you who has already agreed to take part, it is going to be amazing. We still have a few days to fill, but I believe we can do it. Please spread the word and if you would like to do more than one that would be great too. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

@Lizzie Thank you for all the precisions. 

Hi @Lizzie,

Apologies for this..

I a  feeling a bit technologically challenged to complete this properly.  Could you please take me off the list?  I am happily reading away, however.  🙂

Hilary

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Hilary-And-Ed0,

I hope you are good. I'm not sure if you saw the Direct Message I sent you? I have moved your out from the calendar for today and I completely understand, but if you would like to post I am happy to give you a helping hand. 🙂 It would be lovely to hear from you, maybe later in the month?

Thanks so much for letting me know.

Lizzie

--------------------

Hi @Lizzie, can I swap you for the 25th? 

Best,

Kim
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sure thing @Kimberly54. I will amend on the calendar 🙂

--------------------

OK. Got it!  Thanks.  Happy Holidays to you and to all the Community members.

Jose

I would like to participate.  I don't have a particular date in mind, but notice that Helga has several dates, or I could pick up the 31st?  Please let me know, thanks. 

@Christine1426,  you are in the thread from last year. @Lizzie started a new one, and can certainly guide you to it. 

I had several dates last year to fill the dates not taken. 😉  I’m sure you can take one or several for this year.