Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Responses Needed]: Community December Project? UPDATED

Good idea

Hello Everyone,

I hope you have had a fantastic week. 

As we are nearing the end of the month and approaching the end of the year too, I wanted to get your thoughts on an idea for a Community project I think could be really nice for December.

This time last year in the German Speaking Community Center, Theresa (@Florian-and-Theresa0) had a great idea to create a Community Advent Calendar in her CC and it worked really well. If you can speak German I can really recommend taking a look.

I think it would be fantastic to do something similar here in the English speaking Community Center this year, which could last for the whole of the month. The best thing about this is that we can all get involved and share some great things leading up to the end of the year.

The way it would work is that we all select and share which day(s) we would like to post a tip, an idea, a nice story or positive experience in advance of the start of the month (or a least a little ahead of the day). This way we can make sure that we have something every day and have things to look forward to. We would then post each day's great thing as a new thread, which makes it easy to follow for everyone.

As this is a team effort and requires a little bit of planning ahead for all of us, I wanted to get your thoughts on whether you would like to do this and if so, who would like to be involved?

It would be great to hear from you. 🙂

Thank you so much,

Lizzie

-------------------------------------------------

UPDATE–Nov 29th

We are now in full flow with this Community Center project, thank you to all of you who replied. We are now sharing the date(s) we would like to share our tip or positive story here in the CC. If you would like to be involve, this is fantastic, please take a look through the discussion below and share which date you would like to take. 🙂 Here is a quick link to see which dates are still available.

Thanks so much, this is going to be fantastic.

Lizzie

If you would like to read each of the days, take a look here: A month of celebration. Thank you to everyone who has been involved. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

106 Replies 106
Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

Day 4 - https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Day-4-WV-Mine-War/m-p/561876#M129015 

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.

The 6 December has not found takers yet and it's the day I'll say good bye to my one-nightrs for a while and enjoy some guest free days, so I have time for another story. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Helga0, this really kind of you to take an extra day. I loved you opening story, I look forward to your next day. 🙂

I've updated the December overview, here. The month is filling up very nicely now. I am so enjoying this! 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I would love to know what this is all about. People signing up for days. I have no idea and yet I am a member.

@Harriet5, It means you can sign up for a day this month, where you wish to make as all a gift, make us smile, surprise us, by writing something nice, funny or helpful. Lots of days to fill yet!

Scroll down on the forum, all posts in this project have Day 1, Day 2 etc in the title

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Harriet5,

It is great to hear you are interested in our Month of celebration here in the Community Center. I can't believe we are already on day 6. Have a look at this overview post to read each of the different days and if you would like to get involved that would be fantastic, just let us which available day you would like to take. We have some towards the end of the month. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Jose309
Level 3
Havana, Cuba

Hi Lizzie,

Great idea!

I've started an Airbnb Experience in Havana, Cuba.

I'm ready to share some tips to get people closer to Mother Nature.

As part of my experience, Walk my neighborhood from end to end, we visit an tiny organic farm in the city.

That's it!   Now I'm getting onboard with you, selecting a day.

Thanks.

Best wishes to all,

Jose

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Jose309,

It is lovely to meet you and wonderful to hear you have started hosting an Experience in Cuba. Here in the CC, there are quite a few people who would like to host experiences, but it hasn't been launched yet in their area, so it is fantastic to hear you are hosting one.

I am also pleased to see you would like to join our 'Month of Celebration' here in the Community Center. To recap, each day a different community member creates a new topic and shares a tip, a great story or experience, or in general something positive. To see what the available dates are, take a look here and then just post in this discussion which day you would like and I can update the calendar. 🙂

Really looking forward to seeing what day you take and if you have any questions on this, do let me know.

Lizzie

--------------------

Joanne-Flynn0
Level 9
Phoenicia, NY

It's been fun reading the stories so far. What great experieces!

I had fun writing mine for today rereading the email exchange to remember all of the details - Day 10 - Painting on your refrigerator?

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Day-10-Painting-on-your-refrigerator/m-p/565712#M130071

Thanks @Lizzie for coordinating this and adding a little reading break into our busy lives.

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Lizzie, I would like to post another story on the 15th or 16th, whichever you prefer and if there are no other takers. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helga0,

Aw thank you again so much for this. I can't believe we have already reached the 13th, Marzena has posted hers today.

If you could take the 15th that would be fantastic. I think I will put myself down for the 16th, as it is my birthday! 🙂

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Hi @Lizzie, ahhh!  Yet another Sagittarian!  Happy birthday!

Best,

Kim
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Snap @Kimberly54! It is a good star sign to have. 🙂

Did you see my post on Saturday about your birthday? 

--------------------

Hi @Lizzie, NOOOOOooOoOOO!  I completely missed this!

Amazing star sign! (Also my moon... double trouble!)  I don't know how everyone else manages. 😉

Wow, did I ever have a day... which was so good it had to be extended to two!

Best ever!

Kim
Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Lizzie, if nobody claims the 21, I have another story to share. No body this time for Kimberly, but forensics. 😉