Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Responses Needed]: Community December Project? UPDATED

Good idea

Hello Everyone,

I hope you have had a fantastic week. 

As we are nearing the end of the month and approaching the end of the year too, I wanted to get your thoughts on an idea for a Community project I think could be really nice for December.

This time last year in the German Speaking Community Center, Theresa (@Florian-and-Theresa0) had a great idea to create a Community Advent Calendar in her CC and it worked really well. If you can speak German I can really recommend taking a look.

I think it would be fantastic to do something similar here in the English speaking Community Center this year, which could last for the whole of the month. The best thing about this is that we can all get involved and share some great things leading up to the end of the year.

The way it would work is that we all select and share which day(s) we would like to post a tip, an idea, a nice story or positive experience in advance of the start of the month (or a least a little ahead of the day). This way we can make sure that we have something every day and have things to look forward to. We would then post each day's great thing as a new thread, which makes it easy to follow for everyone.

As this is a team effort and requires a little bit of planning ahead for all of us, I wanted to get your thoughts on whether you would like to do this and if so, who would like to be involved?

It would be great to hear from you. 🙂

Thank you so much,

Lizzie

-------------------------------------------------

UPDATE–Nov 29th

We are now in full flow with this Community Center project, thank you to all of you who replied. We are now sharing the date(s) we would like to share our tip or positive story here in the CC. If you would like to be involve, this is fantastic, please take a look through the discussion below and share which date you would like to take. 🙂 Here is a quick link to see which dates are still available.

Thanks so much, this is going to be fantastic.

Lizzie

If you would like to read each of the days, take a look here: A month of celebration. Thank you to everyone who has been involved. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

106 Replies 106
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Christine1426,

I've just replied to you message, but in case anyone is interested in this year's month of celebration, here is the link to find out more. 

Thanks @Helga0, for your reply here. You don't fancy taking part this year? 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Hi @Lizzie, I posted a story and realised it gets to page 3 in less than an hour (to reappear with a post). 

I believe we need a pinned list of days woth their links, otherwise there will be days quickly burried under hundreds of normal posts. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helga0,

Wonderful to see you post, thanks for kick starting "A month of celebration!".  I see you post is already on the Top section of the CC Homepage and I have also stuck it to the top of the Hosting board. I am just creating an overview for the month, which I can stick to the top. 🙂

Thanks so much for this, let the month commence!! 

--------------------

Hi @ Lizzie

I've just come back to the site after a busy 2 weeks so if it's still available, could you put me down for Dec 8th?

Ann & Vassilis.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw wonderful, thank you @Βασίλης-and-Ann0. I will put you down for December 8th. 🙂

I hope your past 2 weeks have gone well and you have a little bit of time to relax. 

Speak to you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Lizzie

Yes, you can count me in ! 🙂 

Any date to me is ok. Just let me know.

Thanks and cheers!

(Edited) Note: If it is still available, I will take the 22 ! If not, any date preferably between 10 and 23.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @J-Renato0,

Thanks so much for getting involved. The 22nd is still free, so I will put you down for that day. You can take a look at the overview for the month, here. 🙂

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

I think I can take December 4. I'll have to set a reminder. LOL It's a shame we can schedule posts.

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Robin129,

Aw wonderful, thanks so much, this is great. I'll put you down for the 4th, this is a view of how the month is shaping up! 🙂 

How exciting. 🙂 

--------------------

Kristine53
Level 2
Whistler, Canada

Hi Lizzie,

I’m trying to message you separately but it’s not letting me.

Give me a shout?

thanks,

Kristine

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kristine53,

I've just sent you a Direct Message. 🙂

Speak to you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Awesome @Lizzie! I've scheduled myself in for the 11th 🙂 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

That's funny Quincy! Will you tell us a hosting story or the funny outcry of a moderator over hosts? Can't wait to find out!