Revenge Review - Not

Answered!
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Revenge Review - Not

A recent guest brought a dog who evidently slept on the bed with muddy paws or worse and stained the cover so badly it had to be sent to the dry cleaners.  And there was dog hair everywhere, even drifting on the porch, creating extra cleaning for my housekeeper.  Of course this happened the ONE time my housekeeper couldn't go in to clean immediately, because they checked out on Mother's Day. 

She stopped by to make sure the garbage was handled and told me all was okay, so I gave a good review (although only 4 stars for communication, because she either didn't answer messages or got everything wrong).  After reviewing her, I found out about the issues, so I put in a $50 resolution and thought she would either not review or would leave a revenge review.  And I certainly didn't expect her to pay.

Imagine my surprise today when I got the $50 plus a 5-star review.  

You never know with people!

(PS:  Posting fail - did not mean to put this in "Help" lol, but I can't change it :))

1 Best Answer
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Ann72 Some people just "get it." They knew the dog had muddied the linens. They certainly know that the dog sheds since that is not location specific. Good for them for being mensches and doing the right thing.

View Best Answer in original post

29 Replies 29
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Well @Sarah977, I certainly know their mouths are full of bacteria. I foolishly washed my cat and she bit me, hard, injecting her vile bacteria into the wound. I've still got the scars, but I ended up needing antibiotics because the wounds became infected from the foul creature... well, love her really but it bloomin' hurt!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Helen427 

Ah if you were to visit Blighty, I'm sure myself, Lizzie & Quincy, and the other London Airbnb CC'ers would give you a grand tour! Hemel Hempstead isn't nowhere near as nice as Hampstead!

-----

Thanks @Stephanie @Lizzie@Quincy & other Airbnb Hosts.

I'm sure we would all have a lot of fun.

When are you heading to New Zealand/ Nieuw Zeeland?

Kira32
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

People can be surprisingly good guests. I experienced something similar👍

Frank698
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

I sometimes received the revenge reviews...I did talk to Airbnb staffs..and I showed some proof...they are useless insteal of keeping to say their words have not violating the policy.  The Review Policy is just unfair and favourite to those worst guests.  

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Frank698keep reporting it to feedback, we will get there in the end as commonsense must prevail, including that of European Data Protection Rights & that of wider Human Rights Legislation

Thanks.  That is very disappointed and discourage.  They booked my place at last minutes and after they checked in and called me said that "their friends are not allergy with pets)...My listing is not allowed with pets and had never rented to any guests that violated the rules.  I heard them sounds drunk...as a result I told them if they won't stay, I will give them refund tomorrow.

Obviously they don't like the place and use any dumb excuse to ask for refund.  On my side, I avoid to have any problems with and let them go.   Unfortunately, there are always had some bad people...after I refunded them, they still wrote the bad reviews for all rating in 1 (Probably due to they still need to pay for commission to Airbnb and I only refunded what I had on my side).

I had 100% 5-star reviews for all my 4 past rating...this kind of rating just destroyed my efforts to it.  I talked to Airbnb staffs and they kept on saying they didn't violate the review policy in words....This Review Policy sounds stupid and unfair to me....revenge reviews doesn't need to say bad words...as you can tell..they didn't stay at my place...cleanliness, communication, accuracy..value...everything put into lowest rating...It is very obvious to be revenge reviews...

There is nothing wrong on my side...even though I didn't make any money from them at all. Very discouraged me to spend my efford for hosting.

I have experienced a horrifying Rasict experience with a guest and AirBnB help is worthless. They never ever protect the rights of a Host.

I have a guest who put hair color and spoiled my pilllow cover permently. They also broke keys

i have mentioned  in house rules that it’s Vegan house but guest brought a lot of meat to house and put in my freezer. I asked them to take meat out. When they check out and I found damaged things, I asked for minimum value for damages and they denied. On top of that, they put were racist and derogatory public review on my house.

i contacted AirBnB help, but they did not remove the review , neither they help to refund my damages. 

There are so many rascist guests there which u cannot gudge in advance and AirBnB Help is worthless, they don’t protect the rights of Host at all. I am still waiting for the answers from them .

Nancy-Louise0
Level 3
Rochester, NY

How long does it take for Airbnb to pay the damage fee?  I have been waiting about 1.5 weeks but Airbnb k de there was a problem for 20 days!

@Nancy-Louise0 They need to get the money from the guest before they can pay you.  They don't hold the security deposit in advance.  Keep pushing them to get it from the guest.  If he or she refuses, you won't get paid.

Carmen889
Level 1
California, United States

My very first guest was very very rough to my house.  Pet pee on the rug, poop on the cushion and bedsheets, left socks and towels all over the house, didn’t even bother trying to clean it.  Smoked inside the house...pretty much broke all the house rules, left a hug mess.   Some people are really rude.  Requested for the totals cost of what I paid for extra cleaning, and dry clean the rug.  No respond 😞 

Charanjit0
Level 1
Copenhagen, Denmark

I have a guest who put hair color and spoiled my pilllow cover permently. They also broke keys

i have merioend in house rules that it’s Vegan house but guest brought a lot of meat to house and put in my freezer. I asked them to tak meat out. When they check out and I found damaged things, I asked for minimum value for damages and they denied. On top of that, they put were racist and derogatory public review on my house.

i contacted AirBnB help, but they did not remove the review , neither they help to refund my damages. 

There are so many rascist guests there which u can gudge in advance and AirBnB Help is worthless, they don’t protect the rights of Host at all. I am still waiting for the answers from them .

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi Fellow Airbnb CC users, would we please stick to the Opening Post Topic, That of a POSITIVE Host & Guest experience....

There's lots of other Revenge Review Topics if you are wanting to write about those & your BAD experiences.

This topic started as a really positive Review experience which is really refreshing.

Thanks & have a POSITIVE day!!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Well said @Helen427 !

-----

This case is a clear exception. Sometime happened to me when people wanted to give 1 star but gave 5 by mistake.