Review Frustration

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

Review Frustration

I had a guest who checked out 14 days ago and deserves my first bad review. I had the review all written up in a text document. Since this guest never actually met or spoke with me [yes, she was staying IN my house,] I had no idea what her review might say, so, I decided to do a "stealth" review; waiting until the last moment.

The system was down! There was no way to get to leave a review and my window of opportunity is gone. This is really frustrating. Trust me when I say no one will ever want  to host this person, either in their home or in a whole place.

I don't think I would change my choice to submit at the last moment, but it is frustrating that this person will be able to book again in the future.

5 Replies 5
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Susan151  We are in the same boat. I was waiting for the last minute  writing a review to a guest who broke house rules and checked out one hour late.

Then Airbnb site was down as I posted in the form a little earlier.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Airbnb-system-is-down-with-Internal-error-500/m-p/1159413#M...

Then the review window slipped. I am not able to write the review. Same frustration! 😞

Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Are you all 100% sure this is even a thing? Awhile back I had a guest who left with a gate pass, I was holding off their review until I got it back in the mail. Anyway, I submitted my review with 6 hours on the counter. It reset the clock to 24 hours and had the whole "review will be posted in 24hr or when guest posts" stuff. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Susan151 @Alice595  Well, if Airbnb were to be fair, they should still allow you to post a review, as they are well aware the system was down. Maybe it's worth asking, although I have a hunch what the answer would be.

Susan, was she bad enough to flag her account?

@Sarah977 

@Sarah977 wrote:

@Susan151 @Alice595  

Susan, was she bad enough to flag her account?

Yes. But I had not planned to since she was going to get an honest and brutal review with no recommendation.

I don't see how flagging her account would prevent her from using IB to book a room in the future. Nor, do I wish to be contacted by AirBNB about a flag. To be honest, I am truly ready to forget this person and her traveling companions.

@Susan151  My thought was that if she's been flagged before, that might lead Airbnb to banning her. Fuel to the fire, so to speak. But yeah, I'd be inclined not to waste more time on the bad guest or be questioned by Airbnb also.