Review Process as a Guest - as of March 2021‌‌

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Review Process as a Guest - as of March 2021‌‌

For those who have never stayed as a guest, here is a snapshot of the review process when completed in March 2021. I completed this review on a laptop and accessed the review from the e-mail prompt that Airbnb sent after my stay.

E-mail from Airbnb asking to review. Note: if you click on a star with your curser, that will populate the star rating on the first step of the review, but it can be changed. 

Email.png

First step - Choose an overall star rating:

Step 1.png

If giving a 3 star or below a "Report unsafe behavior" link will appear:

Step 1 3star or under.png

If giving a 4 or 5 star, the next step will be to choose 'compliments.' This step is optional and can be skipped. If giving a 3 star or below, this step is not an option.

Step 2 if 4 stars or above.png

The next step is to describe your trip: 

Step 2 if 3 stars or below.png

Then choose a star rating for the 5 subcategories. Cleanliness, Accuracy, Check-in, Communication, Location, and Value. 

Step 4.png

Note: If you choose a star rating of 4 or below for any subcategories it will ask you to choose from a list of possible reasons and add detail. Examples:

4 or less cleanliness.png

4 or less communication.png

4 or less value.png

If you give a 5-star overall rating but a 4 star in any of the subcategories, you will get this message. You have the option to change the overall rating or ignore it.

Step 4 if stars don't match.png

Next is the private note to the host: 

Private Review.png

Next, the public review:

Public Review.png

This concludes the review.

55 Replies 55
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

After the review is finished/submitted, you are asked to confirm a few more details. This is optional and you do not have to complete this step.

  

After review - confirm more detail.png

What Amenities.png

What Kitchen Amenities.png

essential amenities cont..png

What essential amenities.png

Everything as expected_.png

Areas to work out or relax.png

Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Emilia42 

Asking guests if they have found certain amenities is a great way for Airbnb to check if the listing is accurate.

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

@Ricardo85 Yes, very true. Although, in this particular instance I was reviewing a stay in a tent. So obviously there was no lock or hot water. I do wonder if multiple "no's" for these essential amenities will flag the listing and create an issue for the host?

Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Emilia42 

But for each "No" they can compare with what is configured in the listing. At least technically this is possible.

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

@Emilia42  Confirm a FEW more details?  Why not just have the guest write our listing for us?  😂

@Ann72 Ha, I don't understand the Airbnb exec's obsession with working out?! There is literally an entire page on areas to relax or work out. The relaxing I can understand, but work out?! 

I just received two 4's for location, when we clearly mention we are 7 minutes from downtown, etc, etc. I'm glad to see that the guest is prompted to explain WHY the location description is not accurate; however it seems most people just rate location as "not exactly where I wanted to be." I wonder if there is a way we can put this info in our House Manuals without being overbearing. 

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Emilia42   

Thank You for the great work.

The review process ist better than expected. It's been worse in the past.

Thanks @Ute42. I agree. In my opinion (as a guest and a host) Airbnb is going out of the way to ensure that guests rate their hosts with 5 stars.

Also, note that in the optional provide-a-few-more-details section there is no mention of masking, or enhanced cleaning.  

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Emilia42. Thanks for sharing this. It's good to know what the guests are being asked. It would be nice if Airbnb would share more of this information with us.  Interesting how no mention is made of masks or enhanced cleaning.  

Kat162
Level 7
Nova Scotia, Canada

Completely agree @Beth80 !
Would it not be lovely if Air BNB created an option for hosts to regularly view what @Emilia42 has shared with us!?
Unless hosts are able to travel using Air BnB, we are left in the dark regarding what is asked during the review process, what a confirmation email from Air BnB looks like and what information is highlighted in said confirmation. It would also be lovely to know what info is highlighted in the pre-stay email reminders --- is Air BnB directing guests' attention to the House Manual, Rules and Check-in Time?

Air BnB is always improving these displays - each time I can travel (perhaps every 6 -12 months) the reviews, confirmations, and infor highlighted appears different. Being able to preview these (like we can our own listing), would only help hosts be more in-tune with the guests' experience and perhaps even strengthen our own listings.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Really glad to see the language isn't so negative as it was last August (the last time I stayed as a guest), @Emilia42 . 

This is an improvement. 

Thanks so much for posting!

Yes, I recall being on a zoom with Catherine and I said...why NOT start the guests review with positive instead of the negative questions that are now being used. I had just traveled and got to review and so I was shocked by the first few questions to review as guests and how negative and why even do that as opposed to saying "tell us what the hosts did that was awesome"? Seems they were listening. Yes yes. Glad to hear.