Review for guests who didn’t stay the night

Selina104
Level 2
Dresden, Germany

Review for guests who didn’t stay the night

Hi I have a question regarding a guest review: How do I review guests who checked in, left then, but didn’t show up since then? (They came for a family visit and stayed at their parent’s house instead of my place.)

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Selina104 just be honest. 

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

If they paid, didn’t invent an excuse for demanding a refund, didn’t break or steal anything, and kept you informed  I would say that you came out way ahead.

I have had this happen more than once. The only annoying part was that they didn’t have the courtesy to notify me even after checkout time.

They left poor reviews and I mentioned their discourteous behavior in my response.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Selina104 I would wait until near the end of the review period to review, as they may still go to Airbnb and ask for a refund, which they may get, as Airbnb CS reps are pretty clueless. Definitely mention communication, as they should have informed you that they wouldn't be staying (if applicable). House rules and cleanliness should be rated accordingly.

That is good to know. Thank you. I am not sure how to rate cleanliness/house rules/ect. because they didn’t sleep at my place. Yes, I can be honest in the writing part of the review, but I have to give stars in the star rating section (and I don’t know about that part).

@Selina104 Well, even though they didn't sleep there, they still could have left a mess. If they left the space clean, then 5 stars for cleanliness. Only hosts who have instant book on see guest star ratings, and they don't tell anyone much. It's the written review that matters. 

Thank you 🙂