Review integrity

Paul374
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Review integrity

The sharing community is based upon open, honest communication, so the fact that Airbnb allows guests who have never stayed in a listing to leave a review is illogical and fraudulent. #honestreview #transparency #sharingcommunity

4 Replies 4
Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Yeah I have to agree @Paul374 this struck me as odd as soon as I joined the platform. It doesn’t seem fair that someone should be able to leave a review when they have not stayed.

I imagine that guests who cancel and don’t get a full refund, due to host cancellation policy, are very likely to leave a bad review. By allowing them to do so puts pressure on hosts to always fully refund guests, no matter the cancellation policy. This rather defeats the purpose of having a cancellation policy...

Paul374
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Exactly my point. Thanks, Ben! It completely flys in the face of what the review process stands for. In all likelihood, guests who don’t receive a refund will retaliate unfairly against the host with a bad review. AirBnB needs to edit this policy to include power of review strictly to guests who have completed their reservation in said listing. Otherwise the brand is damaged. 

This is one of those cases where you have to ask what is AirBnb thinkiing by allowing someone to review a place the have never been to.

We just had a guest book last night and cancel today stating they found a cheaper place.  Then they write they want to leave us a review.  Why in the world would you want to write a review?

Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

Ive seen many posts about this from hosts...and now airbnb has shortened our guest review process to 3 steps, removing all stars. 

I think this is looking more and more like Booking.com, except they don't check ID's