Review your Payments Carefully!

Helen213
Level 10
New York, NY

Review your Payments Carefully!

I had guests book on Saturday for a next day  arrival, staying for three nights, so check-out Wednesday morning.  They asked me this morning if they could stay an extra night after one night, and I was happy to extend the stay.  We processed everything immediately. later I recieved notification that the original payout was released.  I decided to see when the balance - exra night -  was to be sent, as the message when processed said same day.  When I looked there were two transactions, one for payment and another for the same amount as a debit.  Essentially I  was being paid "ZERO".

I called customer service and they said it was an error on their end.  The customers payment went through and please give them 48 hours to research it.  In 48 hours, the guests should have checked out already!  I mentioned this and was told to be understanding.  Trust that Airbnb will see that I will be paid and let them stay.

Based on recent actions of Airbnb - changing superhost standards so now I will never reach it., review form so a 3 star is "meet expecations" and being rated for their TRIP and not their STAY - I feel I can not trust Airbnb to be fair to hosts.  It feels like Airbnb is working against the traditional host.

Anyone else face this payment snafu?  How long until it was resolved?

2 Replies 2
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Helen213 You might be interested in this post I wrote several months ago, which is still being commented on. Perhaps I was prescient. https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Are-Traditional-Hosts-Still-Valued-By-Airbnb/m-p/608344#...

Kevin616
Level 9
Western Australia, Australia

Hi, I can't advise on that particular situation, but I 100% agree that Airbnb cannot be trusted. 

They're very polite and friendly on the phone but tell us blatant lies! 

Anything agreeable to get you off the phone, then later , when it's too late, they say it's not possible. 

So frustrating.

I've had to sort out several issues myself as they wouldn't act. 

Now they've changed the review criteria (again) and aren't paying on time and won't respond to messages.

I hope you get your money. 

I suggest contacting the guest and asking them if they got a full refund and go from there