Review

Elene1
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

Review

I was wondering if my guest  can right a review after expiration of review period ...

thanx in advance

3 Replies 3
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Elene1 No Elene, both you as the host, and the guest are given 14 days to submit a review. The system is automated and after that 14 days the review 'window' is shut and I am afraid, that's it!!

During that 14 day period you and the guest would have had three reminders to post a review and if those reminders have been ignored then no further opportunity is given.

It is an unfortunate part of this hosting platform that so much emphasis is placed on reviews, and it is disappointing when you go to a lot of hard work for a guest and do not get rewarded with a nice review. It has only happened to me on two occasions but many hosts tell of up to a third of guests who don't leave reviews.

Elene, Once a guest leaves you still have message contact with them and when the review period is within a few days of ending if the guest has not left a review I just send a polite little note saying..."We hope you enjoyed being here as much as we enjoyed having you. We hope that you will think of staying with us again next time you come this way. If you haven't already done so it would be wonderful if you just spend a minute to post a line or two in the review window which closes shortly. It means a lot to us to know what our guests think of the way we host, and it also tells other hosts what lovely people they can expect if you book with them....We all win!"

If you strike this problem again Elene try thios approach, it may help.

Cheers.....Rob

Queenie0
Level 10
United States

If your guest really wishes to write a review after the 14-day period, you can ask them to write a Referral instead - same as a personal friend . A referral will not show in your listing reviews but would appear on your Profile. 

Does anyone know how a guest can write a "referral" for an existing host if they've missed the ridiculous 14-day cutoff?  I just got my first guest, who thought my place was "amazing," but when she sat down to write a review 14 days after checkout, she was declined. I am of course really unhappy about this and have written a complaint to airbnb, which I know they won't respond to.

When I look at the "Refer Hosts" option at the bottom of the airbnb page, it only takes me to a request for referring new hosts.