Reviews - multiple listings

Sarah253
Level 1
Bundalong, Australia

Reviews - multiple listings

I have a successful holiday home listed with air bnb. 

My mother also has a holiday home in the same area and would like me to list and manage her home for a few weeks rental per year. My question is - if i list her property on my profile and for some reason some one is not happy with her property and i recieve a bad review on her property. Will this reflect my star rating ect for my successful property on airbnb? Am i better off making another profile just to list her house to avoid any possible negativity on my account?
She does not understand that if she wants to hire out her entire house that its best to remove all personal items and im worried some guests wont be happy with this. 

2 Replies 2

Yes, you should create two listings both for sanity and legal reasons. Making two separate listings allows Airbnb to send your mom's payments to her and your payments to you which saves you both income tax headaches and could resolve any potential disputes about money. Supplies and expenses for each house can more easily be divied when the homes are operated as separate businesses.  It also allows separation of business for liability purposes too. A bad review for you will not hurt your mom and vice versa.

As for your own listing's star rating- it won't affect it. But if someone looks at your profile they will see the second listing as well as a link to reviews on other properties, so the two accounts are somewhat connected and can affect each other.

The only advantage is that when starting a new home it does give you some good reviews already in your portolio, even if they are for a different listing.

Best of luck!

Lisa186
Level 2
Guate, Guatemala

Hi!

I have a similar question. I have a a very successful listing with only excellent reviews and want to add a new listing for  a property with a different demographic audience and perhaps the reviews might not be as 5 star as with the other property. Will a bad review on the 2nd listing appear on the reviews shown on the 1st listing?