Reviews not showing on my listing

Patricia55
Level 10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

Reviews not showing on my listing

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem - or if it's just me!

About 3 or 4 weeks ago, I realised that my guests' reviews aren't showing up on my listing.  They do show up in my stats (but only to me obviously).  I'm in touch with Airbnb Help and apparently the tech team are working on it, but it's been over a week now and reviews continue to disappear - it's been 4 so far, good reviews as well!

So, I'd be interested to know if this has happened to anyone else and how it was resolved.

Cheers, Pat

58 Replies 58
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Patricia55

Hi Patricia - just took a look at your listing and I can see reviews....lots from Feb, one from March...should there be more?

Patricia55
Level 10

@Gerry-And-Rashid0 

Yes!  I've had 3 or 4 in April...

Hmmm. Same issue here, I'm missing about 7 reviews. I can see the reviews under my own profile as a host, but not displayed against the actual listing which is weird.

Patricia55
Level 10

@Philomena-And-Nick0

Did you contact Airbnb Help about it?  As mentioned below, it's really bugging me - reviews are pretty important!

Reviews are sorted by country of guest's origin, not date!  

Reviews are sorted by country of origin of the guest, not by date!

Wowie, since when???? This makes no sense. I did just look at my listing reviews and they are all crazy as well. So all the non Amercians are at the end?? I consider this a problem too! Am I alone? 

Just checked Chrome and they remain sorted by date. In Firefox they are wonky.

@Janette-and-John0, what  browser are you using? Firefox like myself?

I don't understand why origin of guest would be more important that recency. Or maybe they should implement tabs or a pull-down where you can view by recency, country or highest-to-lowest rating. I feel as if my recent reviews are needing to be searched for just because my last few guests have come from other countries. Not good.

Safari.

Lyn-and-Gavin0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

Hi Patricia

Happening to me too.  I have been hosting 3 years and this has never happened before.  First any reviews in French, Chinease and Italian text just didn't get posted although the number of reviews for those rooms went up.....then my last 4 or 5 reviews for each room = 8-10 reviews are missing.  Please keep me posted if air bnb get back to you.  Many thanks Lyn

Patricia55
Level 10

@Lyn-and-Gavin0

Sure, I'll let you know, though I imagine if/when it's sorted, it'll be a tech fix and I won't get the details...

Yes, I've been hosting for over a year and it's the first time it's happened for me.  Don't you feel inclined to contact Air to ask them to sort it out for you?!  I felt properly miffed that my (good) reviews weren't up there for all to see 😉 

Hi Patricia,

Read all the later

thread on your original post.  I use Chrome so it is definately not because I use firefox.  Looks like lots of people have called CS but not sorted.  I may try posting in HOST VOICE - it's a drop down from the Discuss Icon above.  The techie's review this and maybe we will get it looked at if enough people comment or it becomes a popular thread.  Best Lyn

Patricia55
Level 10

Hi @Lyn-and-Gavin0

Sounds like a good idea!

I've just emailed CS and linked them to this thread, and asked them to find out how much longer before it's fixed and if the missing reviews will be restored.  (I'm also wondering if my reviews of guests have been posted on guests' profiles...)

I dunno why there should be reluctance to get this fixed though, given that reviews are pretty central to the whole Airbnb business.

Patricia55
Level 10

@Lyn-and-Gavin0

See my update today 25/4/17 - I suspect your reviews in Chinese, French etc, will be showing right at the bottom of the reviews.  I discovered my most recent review (in Dutch) there.