Reviews of guest by host.

Debra100
Level 1
Seward, AK

Reviews of guest by host.

I have never written a review about a guest before, but in this case it is definately needed.  I never got a second reminder from airbnb that the 2 week time period was near an end on this guest as I seemed to receive for every other guest.  As I was waiting for this second reminder and I did not receive it, I am now 2 hours late on the review.  I have just spent an hour trying to find how to review the guest.  I can find nothing.  It seems odd to me that this information is not more easily accessable.  I have clicked many times on the original email that indicated I could review them, but it just goes to a generic page.  How do you review a guest and why is the process not easier?

8 Replies 8
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Debra100,

Is it more that two weeks since the guest checked out? There's no way to leave a review after the two week period has expired.

Hosts on here who say they've contacted Airbnb customer service about this say they're told that the system is automated and customer service has no way around it.

Steve.

Well then I guess airbnb's unbending system is more important to airbnb then protecting their hosts from bad guests.  As I mentioned before, I always get a second reminder from airbnb about reviewing guests, which in this case I did not get.  So then why would this system not have sent out that reminder if airbnb's system is so set in stone?  It is good to know that airbnb is not so caring about the host.

Are you seriously concluding that Airbnb doesn't care about their hosts because the didn't remind you a second time?!?

From my stand point it is you who aren't beeing very respectful to other hosts. Why haven't you ever left  reviews? They are kind of important to you fellow hosts aren't they? Don't you find them useful when you screen and arrange booking your self?

Btw you've had a full 14 days to write this review. You should return the favour and begin to review guests. It's part of the concept and when you profit from something, you pitch in and do your part too and help other hosts too.

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

Why do you never review your guests? 

Why does this one need a special review? 

Would this be good or bad? 

Reviews cannot be read by anyone until they are both submitted and cannot be changed unless illegal. The cut off is two weeks and no exceptions. 

Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Debra100 it is our responsibility as hosts to be on top of our business. As a host, you should know and aware that the review window is closed after 14 days. As a responsible host, you should not blame it on others when you are late and out of the 14 days window to leave a review. It is your choice to do it as soon as you can or to set a reminder to yourself. Reading the review guideline on airbnb help page will also help you to understand the whole process better.

@Farah1 She has 65 reviews on her account! Not 2 or 5 as a newbie would've but nearly seventy guests who has reviewed her listing and she has yet to compose a single one!? 

This is callous towards both guests and other hosts.

Just because she has the need to write a probably negative review now it suddenly is important to her... but still the fault of Airbnb? 

@Christian65 totally agree! That is why I disagree if the system is being blamed for lack of self responsibility.

(hand to the forehead)