Reviews public or private? Unclear

Youn-and-Rowena-Eraya0
Level 2
Malay, Philippines

Reviews public or private? Unclear

The way guest reviews are displayed to the hosts by airbnb is unclear. We don’t know what part will be public and what part will be private. The comments on cleanliness, value, accuracy, check-in, communication, location appear to be public but are private.

The layout of this web page leads to inconsistent replies.

We spend time making replies that will look no sense for the readers because the comments of the guests are not displayed. It’s good they are private but let the hosts clearly know what is private what is public so they don’t mess up in their replies.

6 Replies 6

@Youn-and-Rowena-Eraya0 - The public part is actually the written paragraph at the beginning/top.  The comments associated to the star scores, those and the actual stars are private to you. The part listed as private, is private to you.  The only part others can see is the main paragraph and your response . 

Thank you for clarifications. I already understand that.

What I meant is that the way it is displayed is not clear. I wish the webmaster could make it clearer.

Thanks guys

Nadia163
Level 2
Roseville, MN

Not only the reviews. I was editting my listing and in a space where airbnb said "only viewed by confirmed guests" I put the code to my key box. Then I received a message from someone telling me that my code was public. I found many things confising on the airbnb website.

Wendy1032
Level 2
Port St. Lucie, FL

There is NOTHING RIGHT with Airbnb not accepting a public review!! They accept only POSITIVE reviews so if you have anything NEGATIVE to say, it will not be posted. I run 6 company webpages and we have ALWAYS accepted both positive and negative reviews! I guess the only way they can get a negative review is by contacting the better business bureau. I am FURIOUS!! 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Wendy1032 

Where did you get the idea that Airbnb 'accept only POSITIVE reviews....'?

It's complete and utter nonsense.

I'm sure others will take the time to be more articulate in their explanations.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Indeed @Alon1 , @Wendy1032 has already ranted about this issue on another post a few hours ago, & @Robin4 has issued a detailed & definitive response! -I think the only thing Rob didn't mention was the bit in Airbnb's new review policy that says reviews largely full of irrelevant info will be removed... Wendy's problem was that she found her ONE experience of staying in a (Superhost) Airbnb was in a listing which was as described, but Wendy appears to have written her review ranting largely about the unsalubrious neighbourhood (in her opinion, not other guests.) The new policy does not allow moaning about the neighbourhood, which is something the host can't control. Reviews are to focus on the property, the facilities, & the host.