Reviews

Mayumi4
Level 1
Indianapolis, IN

Reviews

What should I do if a guest says that he doesn't need a review? 

5 Replies 5
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Doesn't need or doesn't want (for various reasons of privacy)? Up to you, I review every guest myself even if just briefly but nobody has asked me not to review. Unless guest was bad in any way, do what the guest says. Maybe they want the stay kept secret.

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Mayumi4 As a host, you don't review the guest for the guest's ego or whatever, you review them so that other HOSTS can know what sort of guest the person was. For that reason, you should try to always review every guest, good or bad or in between. You don't have to write a long, personal essay about the guest, but just a few simple facts. Were they well-behaved? Did they follow your House Rules? Did they cause any problems? Did they leave your rental clean or dirty? Most importantly, would you be happy to have them return?

My typical review is 3-5 brief sentences, plus the check-off items. In our case, we truly almost always have genuine 5-star guests. We've only had 1 or 2 mildly problematic (and I mean only mildly) guests in the past year.

Remember: You're not writing the review for the guest's consumption, you're writing it for the benefit of other hosts who might get inquiries from that guest.

Go away, Armen. reported as spam

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Armen1443  Nobody likes spammers. Get a life.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mayumi4 if he was a good guest I would not leave him a review. Maybe he is somewhere he shouldn't be or with someone he shouldn't be with?!

If he was not a good guest I would leave him a review for other hosts.