Reviews

Michele1383
Level 1
Campbeltown, United Kingdom

Reviews

Hi  I'm very new. I have a question regarding reviews. I am having issues regarding my current booking.  It was booked through someone who failed to tell me it was two workmen.  Mid week they decided to swop around, another two appeared.  The company never told me this would happen as I wouldn't have accepted the booking. I therefore had to do a deep clean. they arrived at 11pm at night to check in. one has just left and I'm hoping they are not planning another swop around.  I want to inform the person who made the booking as I feel she was extremely dishonest. her profile is very impressive,  good reviews where ever she goes. that's what I went on. turns out she is the administrator for this company.  I'm worried that if I contact them she will write a bad review and it will reflect on me. just wondering what other people's thoughts are. 

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

In your situation I would have asked Airbnb to cancel the booking when the workmen arrived and you realised it was a third party booking 

certainly I wouldn't have allowed them to swap workers part way through the booking @Michele1383 

contact airbnb now and ask them to cancel and make sure you leave an honest review 

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Michele1383, there are a couple of things here. Are you signed up to Airbnb for Work? In this platform, companies can make bookings for their employees. If not, then the company administrator has made a third-party under her own account, which goes against Airbnb policy.  Second, if they have made a booking for one party, you should not have had to do a deep clean simply because they decided to swap their workers around.

Personally, rather than contacting Airbnb , I would let this one ride and simply learn from it. It doesn't sounds as though they are doing any actual damage or anything. But I would contact the person who booked and explain that they must pay cleaning fees if they want the accommodation cleaned between workers. That is perfectly understandable, and if they leave a bad review based on that, you have the opportunity to leave a public response.

Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

@Michelle0 

I agree with @Kath9  I think its to late. I would let it go so you don't get the bad review. I would also not review them so they don't receive the email that says Michelle just left a review leave a review and see what she said.  

This is what I did to discourage these situations. 

In my Booking message I added:

Reservations booked must be booked by the person staying.

Also, please provide your reason for visiting e.g., visiting family, heading to Yosemite, etc.

In my Additional rules I added: 
This accommodation is for a maximum of two. Hosting additional guests on the property is not permitted at any time and will result in additional charges.

A profile photo is required at booking. The image must show your face—a photo of a sunset, sports team, or a dog, for instance—is not permitted. All bookings must be booked by the person staying.

And in Fees under Extra guest fee I added
After 2 guests, $25 per person, per night

If you get documentation of the additional guests and I am told that Airbnb will change the guest the additional fees if you have it in your listing.