Reviews

John-Paul0
Level 3
California, United States

Reviews

Why doesn't Airbnb display the "stars" that guests rank you with?  They provide this high-level comment that you've had reviews that have scored less than 5 stars, but they don't provide any more detail than that.

For instance, if someone submits something lower than 5 for "Accuracy" with no detail about what was inaccurate, how are we supposed to correct it?

I think Airbnb needs to provide these details so that we can follow up with the guests with a goal to continually improve our services.

Thanks.

JP

23 Replies 23

@Gonçalo0 Acually it should be "thumbs down". This is really unfair - I read your description (great listing btw!) and it's clearly stated: it might be noisy. I would write her again and appeal to her state as an Airbnb ambassador. She should be a role model as a guest and not making the same "mistakes".

And there is the possibility to change a review - I did so myself when I mixed up two guests with similar names.

Thanks @Florian-and-Theresa0 for your support. 

Airbnb just simply said that she was entitled to give her opinion, regardless of it's accurate or not, as long as doesn't vialate their review principle. They will not change it.

I actually find their principle very ambiguous and totaly open for interpretation as much as they want ...

Anyway, it is great to have some support here 🙂 I really hope Airbnb will start steping in in expectation management ... 

@Gonçalo0 I completely understand why Airbnb don't change or delete the review - this would be untrostworthy. But the guest should change her review and this is possible. If you want to change a review you'll just have to call Airbnb. Esp. she should know this.

Unfortunately, I don't think she is aware that her review is unfair to the host even after I confronted her....

It's either there is not enough training from Airbnb, or this is their stand - guest are entitled to do so..

I've just tweeted them. Let me see what they response on Twitter

I suppose the only thing to do in those cases is to write a public reply explaining the situtation. Most annoying...

I have a kind of standard reply for these kind of people.

I simply point out that this is the main frustration about the AirBnB review system. People not reading the listing properly and blaming the host for their mistake. I ask future renters to do all hosts a favour by carefully read before they book, to safe them and the host from dissapointment.

I do not go into details, nor defend or excuse myself against the bad review, that would be admitting I did something wrong.

My descriptions are 100% accurate, nothing polished or exagerated, if they cannot read, not my problem. 

This issue is very typical with these rating systems.  I drive for uber as well as running our Air BNB listing.  Uber uses a 5 star rating system as well.  But if you get a low rating you never know why or what you can do to improve.  

Hopefully Air BNB is listening to these threads. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@John-Paul0 Now I know I am like the Cobb and Co coach....I am always late!  But, this may offer some help if you are still in the community!

On your homepage click on 'account'. Next click on 'Host' and scroll down to 'reviews'! You will see tabs, 'reviews guests have written', and 'reviews you have written'. If you click on the reviews that guests have written you will see not only their reviews but the things they mentioned that you could have done better!!!

This may give you a hint as to why they gave you the review they did.....Cheers....Rob

Chavonne0
Level 2
Rosamond, CA

I have had 5 star ratings - thankfully, but ended up with a 4 star rating for location.  I can't figure out who left it - any ideas on how to do that?