Rule Sets - How are you using them?

Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Rule Sets - How are you using them?

Hi,

Leave here some tips and tricks on how you are using Rule Sets.

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ricardo85 

A Rule set is a set of options you can apply to a certain time period of the calender. Those options are overruling the default options (e.g. minimum night stay) or add new featurues (e.g. a last minute discount).

After you created a rule set, give it a name and save it. Then apply the rule set to the desired time period(s).

When it comes to discounts be sure "Smart Pricing" is turned off, otherwise they do not work.

It is a good habit to use the price calculator and/or the listing preview to test if a (complex) rule set works as expected.

Jason114
Level 3
Mountain View, CA

Hi @Ricardo85, for holidays like Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, I use rule sets to disallow reservations that specifically have a check-in or check-out on either of those days. This way I don't have to worry about prepping a room during those days, I can give my cleaners both days off while not having to block the days for a longer reservation. In other words, as long as the check-in and check-out days don't fall on those days, the reservation can be made. I learned this trick a few years ago when I needed to find a way to give my cleaners and myself time off for the holidays. It's a useful feature of rule sets!

Cheers!