SAFTEY-Was the street name and very accurate map listed before on host listings ?

Sorin0
Level 4
Jersey City, NJ

SAFTEY-Was the street name and very accurate map listed before on host listings ?

Hi,

I do hosting for few years now, and form what i've knew, without a confirmed booking,  potential guests were shown only the radius location of adress. 

NOW, i see airbnb lists our(hosts) street also, and togheter with that radius location, a host adress can quite easily be found if a potential troubled guest wants to. I've had quite a few, very descriptive, negative  and mean messages written after i've  had to decline certain potential guests.

The adress can not be changed once  you save one, only a new listing can have dif. Adress, but thne you loose the reviews...

What are your thoughts about this ? 

23 Replies 23
Julia66
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

@Sorin0 I found that my HOUSE NAME was appearing above the map in the search.  I emailed Airbnb through the Help channel and was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from a rep, who sorted the problem for me, and it's Sunday!

I am not sure that I am against this new change. If you are "in the business" of listing your home on Airbnb then why not let your neighbours know? I don't think there is a safety risk. If you are that concerned, any previous guests or any guests that have booked and then cancel can spread the word about your listing location. The only real reason for conern would be if you wanted to hide from the authorities that don't allow short term rentals. Of course this gives an unfair advantage to condos and apartments!

This change may be a response to a previous problem, that the map showed very inaccurate idea of location - so a property located on a beach may show location as some streets away, or property on a quiet street may seem as if it is on a main road. But definitely it should be up to the host to choose how accurately they would like their location represented, as there are different contexts and concerns.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Thanks @Sorin0 for starting this discussion and highlighting this.

I have taken a look at some of the listings from those of you who mentioned this here, however I was unable to see your street name next to the map. Would you mind providing some more information on this, perhaps I am looking in the wrong place? 🙂

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hello

mine was changed over the phone by a customer service rep. Maybe others have also done the same. 

It looks like they(airbnb)had decide it to reverse it, if i look at other hosts listing, the street name does not appear now👍😉

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the update on your end @Sorin0

Have a great weekend.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie thank you 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Sorin0  For my listing the street name remained on the map so two days ago I sent a Twitter request to have it removed and received a message that it could not be done, but the request would be sent to the Product Team.  Today the street name was removed.  Feels nice to be listened to.  Thanks for bringing it to all of us.