SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN

Mr--Anuscha0
Level 2
กทม, Thailand

SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN

Hi,

Why are Phone numbers, certain words and information blocked by Airbnb. It happens that i send messages to Guests and parts of the messages get blocked by Airbnb. Sometimes the content get hidden not immediatly what makes it really difficult to know what is allowed and whats not.

Why is Airbnb doing that?

Whats the rule? Which content gets hidden?

Thanks

Anuscha

8 Replies 8

My understanding is that its just personal contact information that is hidden. It all becomes available once the reservation is confirmed. It seems its in place to prevent booking outside of the system. Sometimes though I find it very difficult when a customer wants to chat by phone to ahve their questions answered.

Hope this helps!

OMG - I just noticed it on MY OWN listing...  I have no idea how long it's been there.

It seems that because I was describing the manner in which the happy birds in my backyard "sing" and I used a word that starts with a "T" and rhymes with "witter" they inserted SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN

Do you think something like a HUGE ----- SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN --- might have affected the way that people, did or didn't decide to book my room?

Here is the original posting, followed by the way airbnb did an edit...

The room is large and airy with a view of a large open space. My backyard is a mix of lawn, fruit trees, vegetables, native plants and "weeds." Taken together, this mix provides excellent wildlife habitat. You can hear the bird's (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN). It's amazingly quiet for the middle of an urban area.

The room is large and airy with a view of a large open space.  My backyard is a mix of lawn, fruit trees, vegetables, native plants and "weeds."  Taken together, this mix provides excellent wildlife habitat.  You can hear the bird's twitter.  It's amazingly quiet for the middle of an urban area.

Wow! - I would call this a glitch - if Airbnb is going to hit my post with a SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN - they should send me a notice.

Hello Natali

My number is: [personal information hidden]

Helena

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helena148,

Great to see you posting here. I am not sure if you are trying to reach someone here as I can't see a Natali involved, so I just wanted to check in case you are trying to contact this person. 

Hope to speak with you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hi @Mr--Anuscha0  it's actually more then just twitter, it's all kinds of words/number combinations that look like they are directing you off site.  So anything that looks like a url with a .com or .co, etc, or any social media platform (try typing in "skype" or "whatsapp" and watch what happens) 

This is a massive pain in the neck, and it takes about 2 seconds to figure out how to circumvent the filters, so what is the point?

You can, however, share a url with a guest once the booking is confirmed.   I do this all the time as I'm directing them to the website of a luggage storage place.

Angela358
Level 1
Plymouth, United Kingdom

I want a phone number to ring customer services airbnb

the house we rented was dusgusting

do they check these houses...our third bedroom was a cupboard. House stank. Faulty wiring, filthy etc etc

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Angela358

Hi Angela, I am not aware that Airbnb do any checking of listings. They assume that hosts want return business and will not offer a less that satisfactory listing.

If this is a recent event and you have left the listing less than 14 days ago you can leave the host a bad review and leave a lower star rating in each category you felt was not up to standard. This will hurt the hosts statistics which are important because if the host continues to get poor reviews and star ratings Airbnb will delist them. This is the checking mechanism!

If you do want to make a statement to Airbnb the contact phone number for the UK is 02033181111 

I am disappointed you have come across a poor quality listing Angela! Most of us go out of our way to offer the best experience it is possible to give, and we as hosts do not want to see trashy listings any more than guests do, but in your complaint or review try to be as objective as possible. Leave your emotion out of it and detail what aspects of the listing were un-acceptable to you.

There is another side to every argument and many times we as hosts will see or hear of guests who will simply never be pleased. They will expect the earth without having to pay for it. You must remember home hosting is about perception, because standards do vary from listing to listing....they are not like a Hilton room which will be exactly the same no matter where you are in the world!

What you have to assess with any home stay is....'Was the package worth the money, did you get what you paid for'!

All the best Angela, I hope next time you stay at an Airbnb it will be an experience you will always remember....but for all the right reasons.

Cheers.....Rob

Hi My guest has tried to pay and wrote this to me  'Having a nightmare with the booking – wanted to do Credit Card – first one went on (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) – second session tried to do with credit card – it kept saying check the expiry date – but it is correct?'

Can anyone 

help please?  Thanks Frances