SPECIAL OFFERS - LACK OF CLARITY IN AIRBNB WORDING - PLEASE RESOLVE

Joel2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

SPECIAL OFFERS - LACK OF CLARITY IN AIRBNB WORDING - PLEASE RESOLVE

We're attempting to make a special offer for a 2 calendar month inquiry and the screen states that "Guest pays: £1753 per month You earn: £3326". I know that, although unreminded here, 'month' in airbnbspeak is redefined as just 28 days, however it is entirely unclear as to whether either or both of these 2 figures include or exclude airbnb fees and/or cleaning fees.

PLEASE TELL ME - For EACH of the 2 figures, does it or does it not include or exclude airbnb fees and/or cleaning fees, or what??

This ought to be clearly stated as it's currently leading to wasted time, lost bookings and endless confusion and mistrust between host and POTENTIAL guests!

Airbnb ought to be less simplistic in its wording, and treat us hosts with more intelligence (unless it's deliberate!), meanwhile has anyone got an answer to the question posed further back?

Many thanks.

Joel & Ariel

6 Replies 6
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I suppose you are aware of the fact that you are shouting to the airbnb community discussion forum for English speaking hosts ? Many on the forum are experienced host and are more than willing to answer questions, but none of us can resolve any technical problems that may occur.  

To my knowledge a special offer will include the airbnb fees both for guest and host.  From the airbnb help section there are guidelines on how to make a special offer and what is included.  It should answer the question on cleaning fees.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/35/how-do-i-send-a-guest-a-special-offer

airbnb is mainly a platform for short term rentals and I think the 28 day limit may be more than airbnb speak, although mostly adapted to US circimstances where in many cases rentals of more than 28 days are regarded long term and thus subject to different laws and regulations.  You need to find out what is the case for London.  

Also look up cancellation policy for long term rentals as they are different to short term.

Personally I would not be happy accepting a long term guest without meeting in person before the contract is signed.

Joel2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for your response Marit, and please accept my apologies for using capitals! It was only meant to draw attention to the actual question in my longish post, and also to highlight a key word, as the use of bold or italic is not al option in airbnb posting.

Thanks too for the link, though I had already read that guideline and it hadn't (and doesn't to my mind) answered my specific question.

And with regard to accepting long-term bookings without meeting the potential guests first (who mostly seem to be flying in from thousands of miles away), I'm prepared to take some risk as the use in airbnb of mutual feedbacks, 3rd party payment (and some insurance) give me an acceptable measure of confidence.

With thanks again, Joel and Ariel

Don't shout, you are talking to fellow hosts not a help line!

Please accept my apologies Raymond and Elaine, for using capitals! I am new to the world of fora and it was only meant to draw attention to the actual question in my longish post, and also to highlight a key word, as the use of bold or italic is not al option in airbnb posting.

If there's perhaps another way of highlighting in these fora then please let me know.

Quite separately, might you be able to help me either regarding my post itself or simply by telling me exactly (uncapitalised!) I pose my questions to airbnb directly, as I haven't yet found how to do so, if at all it's possible! 😞 (hopefully emoticons are permitted here)

@Joel2

"Enter the total price you'd like to offer your guest for their stay. Don't worry about entering the nightly rate. Instead, enter the full amount you would like your guest to pay, including any cleaning or guest fees that you would normally charge. If you have a security deposit on your listing, it will be handled as normal and you do not need to add it to your Special Offer total."

If the above does not answer your question, then I do not understand your question.

If you go to the tips and trics section you will find a post on how to contact airbnb.  

Joel2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks again for responding, Marit with the quote. Yes, I've seen that already.

But thanks especially for the suggestion to check out those tips etc re how find the way to contact airbnb, which sounds somewhat absurd - decent organisations make the route to contact them highly visible, but many thanks all the same.