Sale of property and transfer of airbnb listing

Liz0
Level 1
Bondi Beach, New South Wales, Australia

Sale of property and transfer of airbnb listing

Hi

I have four listings with Airbnb but will be selling one of our rainforest homes at the end of this month.  Is there a way I can transfer the listing to the new owner or do they need to create an entirely new listing.  

Any help you or I can give her in making this easy would be helpful.

Please advise so I can email the new owner

Thanks, Liz

17 Replies 17
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Cor3  & @Helen3  are correct with their information.

Samantha-and-Matt0
Level 1
Katoomba, Australia

Hi everyone we have sold a property with future bookings secured. The new owner has already contacted our co-hosts without keeping us in the loop. I believe it fair that they pay something to us for these bookings already secured for free by us - what are your thoughts on this? Would appreciate any feedback

@Samantha-and-Matt0  That seems like an odd expectation. If that's what you were expecting, that should have been part of your sale agreement with the new owners, not something you spring on them after the fact.

You could have had the bookings  cancelled under extenuating circumstances before you sold the place, and I certainly hope the booked guests were made aware that the property was changing hands and given the option to cancel with full refund- not letting them know and giving them a choice would be very bad hosting style.