San Luis Obispo County, CA Host Club Meet Up

Sarah198
Level 2
Templeton, CA

San Luis Obispo County, CA Host Club Meet Up

Calling all AirBnB Hosts in San Luis Obispo County, we are starting a Host Club and our first meeting will be Tuesday, June 28 at 6:00PM at my home in Templeton. It will be a potluck and meet/greet. Please RSVP to [Email Hidden] for address. If you can't attend this meeting, but are interested in future meetings, please also email me. We plan to start a North County Chapter and a South County Chapter in the near future, holding monthly or quarterly meetings to discuss host tips, county ordinances, taxation, marketing, pricing, and other topics of interest to hosts in SLO County. 

Thanks,

Sarah 

17 Replies 17
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hello there.  I am in the Palm Springs area  and have been trying to set up a host meet up meeting in my city for the same reasons you have listed in your note.  I know any email address is hidden by Air BNB so I would be interested to know how meet ups are started and what is the role of Air BNB in listing the meetings.  Do you have suggestions?

I came across your post looking for information about taxes for occupancy in San Luis Obispo County. I obviously missed your meeting but was wondering if you had any information you could share about paying taxes. I initially thought Airbnb took care of this but as i have gone further into the process realized they do not.

Thank-you

Melane-0
Level 2
Baywood-Los Osos, CA

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry I didn't see this listing sooner. I have been a host since 2014 & would love to get with othere SLO Co hosts to know what's what. If you are inclined, please email me [personal information hidden].

Thanks 

Melané

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Melane-0,

I'm just mentioning in @Sarah198 so she receives a notification about your reply. 🙂

You may have seen I have removed your personal information. As you post is publicly visible for safety reason, I have had to remove this. I would recommend anyone trying to contact you, to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, which can be found by hovering over the image of your post and then clicking 'Send Message':

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 18.11.41.png

I hope this helps. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

thanks

Mary-And-Roger0
Level 2
Baywood-Los Osos, CA

Hi Sarah, 

I see this is a pretty old post, but I was wondering if a Airbnb Host Meetup is ongoing for the San Luis Obispo County area. Am am located in Los Osos and have been hosting for about a year. We have a nice guest cottage in the back of of property that has been doing very well. I would love to chat with others in the area about their experiences particularly with price variations, business customers, and cleaning services. Currently, I am looking for someone who specializes in cleaning, and occasional setup of Airbnb spaces. Any leads? 

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Mary

Sarah,

Are you still doing the meet up group?  We're new to airbnb and would like to meet others in SLO county.     Thanks!

John Henry

Hi SLO County Hosts,

I am looking to start an airbnb in SLO County but I am still in the early stages and trying to get numbers on how often and how seasonal bookings are in that area. I would love to connect with some of you especially in the Los Osos area and learn what your experience has been for average yearly occupancy and how seasonal the rentals are. If someone is willing provide some insight I can be reached at **** and would love to hear from you.  

Thank you!

JJ

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons – to send a direct message here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo click 'Send Message']

Britta35
Level 2
San Jose, CA

Hi all, I stumbled upon this thread while searching for information about finding a local host. We've had our house in Cambria on Airbnb since May, and it's been going great. However,  we're doing all the work, and our mangagment company is unable or unwilling to take over. We are interested in finding a local cleaning service and contact for our guests in case they need help. Can any of you point us in the right direction? Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

BB

Hi from Dee and Pat,  Hosts with 1 room in Cambria.  Please cantact us at strangdee ****.  Let's talk about how we can help with the management and referrals for cleaning.   Thanks for posting.    Dee

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons – to send a direct message here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo click 'Send Message']

Hi from Dee and Pat - our listing is Big Sur Cambria in case you want to reply through our site.

Diane734
Level 1
Arroyo Grande, CA

Hello!

I have an Airbnb in Arroyo Grande and would love to come to a meet-up!  I will keep my eyes open for another one, and would love one in the south county.  Thanks!

Diane

Tim2681
Level 2
San Luis Obispo, CA

Love to connect with other hosts in SLO County.  Are there other discussion groups where this happening?  

Sarah, 

I plan to Host my AirBNB in Atascadero soon.  Would it be possible to meet up or arrange a phone call so that I could ask you some questions about hosting?  Please let me know.

** Thank you

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]